Honda ST1100 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1100

Removing ABS/TCS From a 1995 ST1100

(1/7) > >>

Garry_Coates:
Hi,

my ABS has not worked for the last 100,000 km and I am now running Battlax T32 GTs with different widths and profile so the TCS has to be turned off (even though it does not work) to stop flashing. Has anybody done a write-up on removing everything related to the ABS/TCS?

I also will probably need to do this to get through yearly roadworthys that are being proposed in Victoria. What do ST owners in NSW currently do to get through a roadworthy?

Regards

Garry

West Aussie Glen:
Not sure but don't think you will get through a roadworthy if original safety equipment isn't working. I had trouble with the radiator level switch failure resulting in a red light on the dash. 

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Garry_Coates on November 16, 2022, 08:13:08 PM ---I also will probably need to do this to get through yearly roadworthys that are being proposed in Victoria.

--- End quote ---

I'll believe that when I see it.
I know the VACC is pushing for them but, as far as I know, the Department of Transport aren't interested...  :think1

Garry_Coates:
Thanks guys,
          A future roadworthy (all vehicles over 8 years) is coming, probably as a wedge to move people to electric motorcycle/cars. I would like to get the ST1100 in similar shape to a non-ABS to have a chance of meeting a roadworthy. I am still quite attached to it. A complete replacement of hoses is planned so I will do it then.

Regards
Garry

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Garry_Coates on November 17, 2022, 08:06:30 AM ---Thanks guys,
          A future roadworthy (all vehicles over 8 years) is coming, probably as a wedge to move people to electric motorcycle/cars. I would like to get the ST1100 in similar shape to a non-ABS to have a chance of meeting a roadworthy. I am still quite attached to it. A complete replacement of hoses is planned so I will do it then.

Regards
Garry

--- End quote ---

Long time now since I worked for RTA, VicRoads and now DoT, attitudes may have changed and compulsory annual (or the like) RWCs may be back on the drawing board.  Previous management attitude was that due to insufficient evidence to indicate that unroadworthy vehicles were over-represented in motor vehicle crashes, ie. it wasn't a high priority.

I was part of a working group looking at this, and was surprised (as were the others) that the evidence just didn't stack-up.  We also looked at what other States were doing.  I recall that the advice from our colleagues in NSW is that they were looking at abandoning their annual system and going to a bi-annual, or less, system, but the reason they were not proceeding was due to the backlash forecast from the testers and repairers.

Another factor that needs to be taken into account is that DoT would need to engage more staff to process all of the documentation (electronic or paper - the former, one would hope these days).  In this day and age when DoT is looking at out-sourcing rego & licencing, it would be counter-productive to any business model, and make a "sale" less attractive.

My prediction is that we all be safe from annual RWC requirements in VIC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version