Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Camping Gear and Touring

Campmaster (generic) Butane Stove

(1/2) > >>

alans1100:
While on our Robe RTE I inadvertently packed my much used and abused old non-working single burner butane stove which is quite possibly one of the ones that were recalled last year. I forget how long I've had it and during its useful life it had no issues and today it was consigned to the rubbish bin.

The stove of the same type but branded as Kmart was the one that should have been taken and must have been swapped at some stage and not realised until the time of need. We spent a few weeks looking for the stove which mysteriously seemed to have vanished; it was somewhere within the house but where?

With Andamooka ride fast approaching I needed another stove and a quick look at e-bay came up with the two burner version which would do us.  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111907457041? Before I bought it we went down to the local hardware store and checked out the camping range. They had the Campmaster  (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Campmaster-Butane-Stove-Single-Burner-Brand-NEW-Super-Cheap-Auto-/191753114876?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 ) and Primus (same stove) branded stoves in stock so $22 (On Special) later we had the cheaper Campmaster stove.

I checked the stove out today and it all works as it should so we can cook our food for the Saturday night.

What also came to light today was our missing stove. I repacked the trailer in readiness for Andamooka and said stove was buried under some gear in the back of the car so we now have two stoves for our Saturday nights cooking.

And we also have the BBQ plate (we bought for the stove I tossed in the bin) for the new stove.

winston66:
Hi Allan,

This i just a thought, If you are interested in just something  compact and which is quick and easy for just a boil up or to heat up something simple, try Google , Penny stove,
I came across these a while ago and was quite intrigued with the simpleness and compactness of these easily constructed homemade devices,
I actually got around to knock one up out of a coke can and it worked quite well,
Apparently the are a favorite thing for walkers and hikers etc in the states.
Cheers ,
Winston66

alans1100:
Thanks Winston but when I/we are on the road we prefer to cook our own meals and those little butane stoves are compact enough for us. I do have a couple of those compact single burner stoves similar to the image below but being as old as they are I don't think the gas cartridges are made anymore.

gaz:
 :thumb

cravenhaven:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on April 25, 2016, 07:02:10 PM ---Thanks Winston but when I/we are on the road we prefer to cook our own meals and those little butane stoves are compact enough for us. I do have a couple of those compact single burner stoves similar to the image below but being as old as they are I don't think the gas cartridges are made anymore.

--- End quote ---

Thats what I used on my recent Perth trip. The canister are easily obtainable at any camping store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version