Author Topic: 2019-02-02 Kadina RTE  (Read 1026 times)

Bodø

2019-02-02 Kadina RTE
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:00 AM »
I left home at about 0600 which is a tad late by my standards.  First stop was for breakfast at Dublin to take on some fluids as a hot day had been forecast.

I'd ridden every major sealed road on Yorke Peninsula in early 2015 over a series of days trips and pretty much stopped at this sign almost every time back then and since then have ridden straight past.  Yesterday I ulled I here to dig out the gopro/mobius cameras.  I didn't use them until this point as I was running the dashcam that Shiney reviewed late last year.  I dabbled with helmet cam on this trip just taking time lapse photos although I haven't looked at any at this point in time.

I took a slight detour via Arthurton and Maitland although didn't really stop in either.

Seeing remnants of old railway lines disappear into the ground is an all to familiar site in outh Australia, but it doesn't stop me photographing them.  This one is in Wallaroo.  One of my gunzel friends told me there is a turntable behind the scrub when I posted this on bookface but I must admit I didn't notice it.

At this location in Kadina there used to be bits of track here to remind us of a long gone railway that once existed but those little bits have been completely dug up since my last visit here.  The road signs still allude to the fact that it was once there.

I think there was about nine of us who braved the heat to attend the RTE.  I hope they had a good time because it was a venue I recommended.

The ride home was pretty much a straight line.  I did stop to look at South Aussie with Cosi's teddybear fence and at Dublin again for another drink.

I don't think I'll get to Robe for the next one so I passed the flag on to Alan.  With Balranald in may and Tasmania in november booked another overnight trip might just be pushing my luck on the home front.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, John g, Langers