Author Topic: 2020-02-15 Uraidla Ride To Eat  (Read 1112 times)

2020-02-15 Uraidla Ride To Eat
« on: February 15, 2020, 05:08:21 PM »
Only a small turnout today as just a handful of us braved the rain for a Ride To Eat in Uraidla in the Adelaide Foothills.  I took this photo before Mac55 arrived.

He was present for the group photo taken by Stinky Pete.

Now to my ride.  I didn't leave in the dark for a change.  I decided to keep it fairly simple.  My first stop of the day was at the big apple in Balhannah.  I have a few photos of this now, but this is possibly the first one with me in it.

Yesterday I took my Puig screen off and put the original Kawasaki one back on.  I was trying something with the gopro and opted for a smaller screen in order to not have too much screen in the footage.

Next year is the year of the cow/ox on our calender so I'm looking for bovine road attractions for my new year card.  This one at Oakbank at Balhannah is the second one I found this year.  I contemplated as to whether or not it's a big thing but I think it's smaller than the actual bull I saw just up the road a few minutes later.

There was a big chainsaw across the road though.  These big chainsaws aren't that rare though.  I've seen them at Swan Hill and Reynella (and probably have photos of both).

I rode as far as Woodside before turning around and heading back to Balhannha to refuel.  The OTR now has special pumps for bicycle tyres.  They never had them when I used to cycle everywhere.

Then it was up Greenhill Road to the venue.  This is at Carey Gully.  I almost always stop here when I ride through here.  It was a tad precipitatious (I made that word up).

Depending on how you look at it this is Uraidla's best or worse pub.  I was very happy with what I had, but they didn't have Guinness so I settled for Asahi Super Dry instead.

Being the first to arrive and with over an hour to spare I decided to go for a walk around town.

Then is began to drizzle and left me in the rain.

That was one of about seven or eight singles pinned to the wall of a café.  Hot summer days mean they're probably not playable anymore.

I then spotted this Toyota Yaris in the car park next to the lawn bowls club.  My ex wife used to own this vehicle before trading it in in october 2013.  I took a few photos and sent them to her.  Her response was "where's Uraidla?".

The urinals in the RTE venue were made out of old beer kegs.

No spot today as my Samsung tablet I had been using for gps tracking broke on wednesday.  I bought a phone for this purpose but it's gps is hopeless.  After a few pickups it comes back with gps cannot be found and stops.  I tried some testing in the bus yesterday and thursday but couldn't get either to run beyond moving.  Both for Bubbler and the other one I used in tandem with it.  I think it'll be a little while before I can afford to buy another Samsung tablet.

For the record I rode home via Greenhill Road, thus riding it's entirety today.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:36:03 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, richo, Kev Murphy, John g, ruSTynutz

Re: 2020-02-15 Uraidla Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
The hotel and bicycle(s) at Yatina got a mention at today's RTE.  I knew I had photos of both.  Here they are, taken on april 27th 2018.

I think I played a 2015 photo of Yatina hotel in the Where Is This? thread ages ago.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:27:45 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, ruSTynutz

Offline Shillas

• SA NatRally 2022
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Better Red than Dead
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
Thanks Bodo.

Sandra's cousin came over tonight.

She said that as she arrived at Uraidla Hotel, there were a group of bikes just departing, given the timing and that there were no other bikes there, this was us.
Shillas :13Candy

CB 125 - long gone
RD 200 - long gone
CB 250T - long gone
XJ 650 - reasonably long gone
XV 750 - reasonably long gone
VN 800 - gone
ST 1100 - recently gone
ST 1300 - In the garage

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:02:29 AM »
It was a short ride for most of the crew who were from Adelaide, but it was good to see mac55 take take the accolade for the longest ride from Peterborough.   Light drizzle made for a cautious ride in the hills twisties.    Bodo, Richo, Shillas, johng, mac55 and StinkyPete made it to the gathering.   Shillas was finally back on his ST1300 after he'd hit a roo with it, and I must say that johng has done a wonderful job of plastic welding, refinishing and repainting the totally smashed middle cowl.   Even though it was a short ride, I must admit to a short "Nanna Nap" when I got home.
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, John g, ruSTynutz

Bodø

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »
May or may not be true but this morning I was told this venue won't be reopening after lock down finishes at midnight tonight.