Honda ST1300 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1300

Air hawk

<< < (2/2)

Skip:
My experience. I had the OEM foam reshaped to 'flatten' the seating position but this added to the firmness of the seat. I did this as I felt the seat was constantly pushing me into the tank. This happened before I learnt of the trick to bend the locating lugs at the rear of the riders seat, so that it sits in a lower step at the back. I'm sure this would have made a significant difference before I had it reshaped. I then had a custom made sheep skin cover made which felt great, but didn't add a great deal of time that I could spend in the saddle in one sitting. Subsequently, I bought an Airhawk and this has added to the time I can spend in the saddle, but it isn't perfect. I'm no FarRider or Iron Butt, but I do like to be comfortable while riding, and the Airhawk has suited me for what I do. Trick is not to 'over inflate'. Just have enough air in it so your bum doesn't make contact with the surface beneath. Having said all that, if you have the cash, the Russell Daylong appears to be the ultimate farkle as you never see one in the second hand market.  :whistle  Just sayin'.

Biggles:
I have an Airhawk under the sheepskin on both the seats on my ST13 and we love it.  Apart from looking better and holding the pad in place, putting it under the sheepie stops thieves walking away with it as happened to a mate when he left his bike under the Grafton Maccas.

cravenhaven:
I have an airhawk in the shed somewhere. It did make a difference but the seat upgrade by MJM in Goulburn was a big improvement. The Russel Daylong on Neils bike in the US was far and away the best seat for long days.

Wild Rose:
I used a airhawk for a number of years and found that it extended my riding time, so the long days on the bike much more enjoyable but since upgrading to a Sergeant seat I find I don't need it any more
But thumbs up to the airhawk they are a great product  :like

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version