General Category > General Discussion

Windscreen Drive gear

<< < (2/2)

ruSTynutz:
Having an aftermarket larger screen will put additional strain on the gear as well...
I just leave my screen in the one position unless I really need to alter the height.

Like Glen said, try to only alter the height while travelling at slow speed so there's less stress on the mechanism.

--- Quote from: BM Brian on April 15, 2024, 11:02:17 AM --->while it is a simple matter to get the gear made<

--- End quote ---

Apparently it's not as simple as you'd think, or at least that's what Steve from Bikequip has said...

--- Quote ---It is worth mentioning at this point that manufacturing the gear involves a process called Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) or more commonly known as ‘spark-erosion’ whereby a very fine wire is used to erode an intricate patterned recess in the base of the gear to provide a perfect fit onto the drive shaft of the wiper motor.
No other process can achieve this fine machining.
--- End quote ---

Wild Rose:
I have a windscreen metal gear in a box somewhere
I will have to find it and put it up for sale
I purchased it from the US and never used it
Stay tuned

BM Brian:
I think the main cause of the failure is the lubricant in the cable, when I dismantled mine I thought the issue was the blocks not sliding freely however it turned out the the inner cable was the issue, I could barely move the cable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version