Author Topic: Heads Up on MC Cruise Vac Servos & Upgrade  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Farkleit

• IBA # 62002 FarRiders # 749
Heads Up on MC Cruise Vac Servos & Upgrade
« on: September 10, 2017, 08:11:54 PM »
ok. had a few questions about Vac servos on MC Cruise.
Fact. there are no more new vac servos available. end of production.
so there are two questions here.
1. is there another option.
Answer YES there is an electric servo. It will be sold with any new cruise control kits from MCC.
2. should i upgrade my existing vac servo.
short answer NO. if it is working dont touch it.
if it stops working, it can be serviced and there are still spare parts such as valve kits etc.
to remove and clean and reinstall the valve kit takes about an hour.

if you have a money is no issue kind of attitude you could replace the vac servo for an elec servo. this is not a cheap excercise. elec servo is around $350 then you need a new cable to connect the servo to the computer. if you have an old computer that cannot be reprogrammed then you will need a new computer. $250. if you have one that can be reprogrammed that's around $100.
gst included in above costs.
as for the install.  seat off. tank off. air filter off. strip CIU and install new servo cable to ciu. major excercise.
then front fairing off to mount the servo.
There  is no noticable performance between vac versus elec servo.
so if it works dont touch it.
Also prices can be checked on MC Cruise Website but remember, all prices are EX GST.

Ride it like ya Stole it.

If you need a new MC Cruise or repairs to MC Cruise message me and we'll sort it out for you.

The following users thanked this post: tj189, Shiney, Scarlett Thunderbolt, Bloodman

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Heads Up on MC Cruise Vac Servos & Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:26 AM »
That's a great analysis of what's involved.  It appears about the only parts that you can be sure won't need changing are the CIU and handlebar switch panel (and associated cables).
I have one of each on my two bikes, and the electronic servo is superior in its response, but like you say, I'd have to be over-supplied with money or madly demanding of precise CC operation to go to the trouble of upgrading.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927