Author Topic: NSW/ACT -RTE - Oct 2nd 2021, Bourke, Digger on The Darling , 6pm , Saturday  (Read 1102 times)

Offline growly

• ST Legend
.....CHANGE OF TIME.....

Address:
23-25 Sturt Street , Bourke NSW

Location link:
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Diggers+On+The+Darling/@-30.0887123,145.9329853,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b00469ff6e84099:0xa459689ca3a376f!8m2!3d-30.0887123!4d145.935174?hl=en

phone : (02) 6870 1988

Time: 6.00 pm

If you wish to stay overnight.
Major Mitchell Motel has rooms from $100.
I checked out other options but this seemed to be the most secure for the bikes.
https://www.majormitchellmotel.com.au/

I was thinking about a short trip out on the Mitchell Highway before leaving so i can say i HAVE been out the back
of Bourke if anyone wants to join me for that.

GOING:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:51:18 AM by STroppy »
I am slowly getting my self more Honda's, up to 5 now.
Also ride GTR1400, Hayabusa & 2 scooters to mix it up.
Farrider # 469

Bodø Glimt

I stayed at the Major Mitchell hotel on my 2017 four state trip and give the place the big thumbs up.  Rooms were big and parking is off the road.  I'd stay there again.  Shops in the Bourke city centre closed up at 1700 and it's like a ghost town so best do your shopping before then.

Offline growly

• ST Legend
Phew..... i did what i could to find a reasonable place that had close to the room and not to visible from the street parking.
Does it tick the box for that ?
I am slowly getting my self more Honda's, up to 5 now.
Also ride GTR1400, Hayabusa & 2 scooters to mix it up.
Farrider # 469

Phew..... i did what i could to find a reasonable place that had close to the room and not to visible from the street parking.
Does it tick the box for that ?

It ticks both those boxes.

The following users thanked this post: growly

Bodø Glimt

From my ride report of that trip.  The comparison of town size is with Cobar.

Day two trip report

By contrast Bourke, my abode for tonight is very small.  When I arrived at my accommodation the manager was absent and I had to wait for twenty or so minutes before I could get into my room.  After unloading the stuff I went to refuel so I could depart on a full tank in the morning.  I had to go to three servos before finding something better than 91 octane.  After parking the bike I then went for a walk around town.  It was dead as a door nail and every shop has shutters.

I couldn't see any restaurants or the like near by so I think I shall be having Special K for dinner.

My room is much bigger than the cabin at Broken Hill and I am quite content with that.