Author Topic: Bagster tank cover  (Read 2332 times)

Offline David watson

• ST Legend
Bagster tank cover
« on: April 20, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
Hi all. Just received my bagster tank cover for my st1300. Any tips on fitting would be much appreciated. Cheers in advance. Dave w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Bagster tank cover
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »
Start with the strap under the triple clamp.  It's a bugger to do up.  Then pull the cover back and do the strap under the front seat mount up tightly enough to ensure the filler cap is clear.  Let a bit out of the front strap if necessary.  Then each of the two under-the-tank clips and Robert's your Dad's brother.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline David watson

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »
Start with the strap under the triple clamp.  It's a bugger to do up.  Then pull the cover back and do the strap under the front seat mount up tightly enough to ensure the filler cap is clear.  Let a bit out of the front strap if necessary.  Then each of the two under-the-tank clips and Robert's your Dad's brother.
Cheers biggles. Does the tank have to be lifted up for the under tank clips ?

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
No need to raise the tank.  The under-tank clips are a firm fit- the tank sits about 2.5mm off the frame, sometimes a bit differently on each side.  I've found I needed to push the clip up firmly- just don't snap it.  If the tank is flush on the frame you'll need to loosen the mount to make space.

Just the seat has to be removed to access the front seat mount.  The rear strap goes through the slots you see there.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Offline David watson

• ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 06:44:26 PM »
No need to raise the tank.  The under-tank clips are a firm fit- the tank sits about 2.5mm off the frame, sometimes a bit differently on each side.  I've found I needed to push the clip up firmly- just don't snap it.  If the tank is flush on the frame you'll need to loosen the mount to make space.

Just the seat has to be removed to access the front seat mount.  The rear strap goes through the slots you see there.
Thanks again will tackle it this weekend. While I have you any idea where to get the Highway pegs ?

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:46 PM »

Thanks again will tackle it this weekend. While I have you any idea where to get the Highway pegs ?

Can't be bought for love nor money.  One member looked at copying them, but found it too hard.