Author Topic: Advanced Training by Police  (Read 1496 times)

Offline BigJohn

• ST Legend
Advanced Training by Police
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »
returning to motor cycling after some years away from motor cycles. Some years ago in the UK I took some advanced motor cycle training conducted by the Police. (I should add I am civilian).
Am based in Perth WA. Can anyone advise me in general about advanced training and whether any is conducted by the Police for civilians ?
Also looking to buy Honda Pan-European have $4000+ to spend.  Cosmetic damage is acceptable.
Can anyone tell me about the frequency of ex - police motor cycle auctions ?

John

Offline johnnyYTED

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • STranger 1100 n BEEstY 1330cc
Re: Advanced Training by Police
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:55:25 PM »
 :dred11
BigJohn  firSTly welcome to OzSTOC, search ebay and gumtree with AuSTralia as location   there's a few XPolice bikes out there, STranger my STeed is x Pol 1998.ST1100  :thumbsup  and Brock will answer your SKILLS ? for WA, :like there is everything you need to know  and lots of people  who'll answer any ?? you may have on ST's
Picton  if it doesn’t flood higher than previous times.
mobile 047 4488 436 
IBA#59147, FarRider #732
STranger 1998 ST1100, x Police
STrangler ST1300 2007 Charcoal Grey.
BEEstY 2017 Can-Am Daytona 1330.
maybe something with a little extra
:dred11 :Spyder

Offline bloodbikes

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
Hi john
We have a few OZSTOC members in WA who are serving police officers, some still ride on the job, whilst others have ridden.
I'm unsure of whether the police would run an advance course like they did in the UK ( I'm a pom too)
If you google it you will see that the RAC in Perth along with other private companies do an advanced rider course, I am trying to organise an advanced rider day for a few of the guys as a few of us do some local marshalling work and a advanced rider course would be beneficial.
Have you bought a bike yet or still looking, there are a few ST11's on gumtree, but you'll be pushed to get an ST13 for that money, even at the auctions, ex police usually go for $4500+ and then you have to add the ubiquitous 12% auction charges on top then state tax.

:wht11

Offline BigJohn

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:14 AM »
Thanks for that info.
Am still looking and would go higher to get ST13 ex-Police from auction
Please keep me posted on Advanced Course would be interested in participating if there is a spare place.
John

Offline Greg Mc

• ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
I was lucky to find my first police st1100 at a dealer I rode before moving up to the 1300 in the job.still ride it today.good thing about our police bikes is we actually do look after them and they are serviced on time every time. :wht11