Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

Strange electrical problems after trying to install the Lighten Upgrade LED kit

<< < (2/3) > >>

ArthurG59:
Thanks, I am starting to suspect it must be ignition related as there is no power to many functions. Especially with those weird solid indicator and tail lamp symptoms.

Another member has pointed out that the relays should not matter. I have reversed the upgrade I was installing and none of it was invasive.

it seems really odd, but I am going to try an investigate the various Earth connections. And  Ignition Barrel wiring
in your experience will I need to remove it? or can I test in situ? I have a multi meter and 1/2 an idea how to use it.

I am anticipating I may need to lift and slide back the tank top better get at the Inition wiring.

Grateful for your experience and input.

Shiney:
Hi ArthurG59,

The ignition wiring runs from the bottom on the ignition barrel, under the left fairing to the 4 pin plug as can be seen in the following pictures:

Cheers
Shiney

West Aussie Glen:
Maybe worthwhile reading this thread:- http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=13796.0

ArthurG59:
Thanks everyone- very helpful - I will have a another look tonight.

Photos always especially welcome.

ArthurG59:
 ++ :13Candy
OK so after following the advice of eSTeemed ST community I can confirm that the strange and severe electrical problems were to do with the yellow multiple earth block up under the nose fairing. As the bike had been running perfectly before the began the latest farkle install, i worked out I must have knocked the yellow multi earth terminal when I changed the side light bulb, that was all it took.

So thanks everyone. The old girl is roaring in the garage again. Oh the bike starts runs and the lights work as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version