Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

Damaged wheel rims

(1/2) > >>

PaulF:
Hi All, I hit a pothole and have damaged both front and rear rims. Has anyone else had this experience, can they be repaired? If so any suggestions as to who repairs them in the Brisbane area?

Streak:

--- Quote from: PaulF on December 30, 2012, 08:16:49 AM ---Hi All, I hit a pothole and have damaged both front and rear rims. Has anyone else had this experience, can they be repaired? If so any suggestions as to who repairs them in the Brisbane area?

--- End quote ---

I am not a 100% sure with this one, are they just scratched or are they bent and out of shape? i googled it for you, and came up with varying answers, most common was that repair can be as much as a new rim if it is bent, but getting scratches and the like fixed is no problem.

Sicman:
Some photos may help us determine the extent of the damage

Cheers

Tony

PaulF:
Hi Guys, here are a couple of photos of the damage to my rims. As you can see front is not too bad, but rear is worse. Tyres are still inflated, and not suffering any noticable wheel vibration when riding.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated...

horizontal:
Hi Paul,
    try dave kellet motorcycle engineering  at slacks ck.  he did a pretty good job on a front wheel of my mk3 le mans.

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version