Honda ST1300 Section > Loan your ST1300 parts

Key Programming Harness

<< < (2/3) > >>

basadia:

--- Quote from: cravenhaven on June 28, 2016, 04:51:09 PM ---And the instructions for making a harness.

--- End quote ---

Oops missed that should only cost a few bucks to make it. That's a bit more economical than the Honda one. :-)
Thanks for pointing that one out.

Gadget:
There is another post in here which shows you how to get the chip or of your current key and put it in a new blank.

Our are you stuck with only one key and want a spare?

sent using Tapatalk

basadia:

--- Quote from: Gadget on June 28, 2016, 06:55:21 PM ---There is another post in here which shows you how to get the chip or of your current key and put it in a new blank.

Our are you stuck with only one key and want a spare?

sent using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I did have a spare key which was broken when I got my bike with a cut key which were taped together. I opened the original key and removed the chip and fitted it to my spare cut key but it stopped working soon after. I now don't have a spare which is not ideal so I'm now chasing a spare key.

Biggles:
If you go coding your own using the bike's ECU, just be aware it only allows four codings, and I think the factory used one of them.
One of the main reasons I sold my 2004 ST1300 was because I got it with only one key and Brisbane Motorcycles spent hours trying to code a genuine Honda key I'd bought.  They gave up eventually, deducing the four shots had been used up.  That was before I found out locksmiths can code Honda M/C keys.

basadia:

--- Quote from: Biggles on June 28, 2016, 10:04:29 PM ---If you go coding your own using the bike's ECU, just be aware it only allows four codings, and I think the factory used one of them.
One of the main reasons I sold my 2004 ST1300 was because I got it with only one key and Brisbane Motorcycles spent hours trying to code a genuine Honda key I'd bought.  They gave up eventually, deducing the four shots had been used up.  That was before I found out locksmiths can code Honda M/C keys.

--- End quote ---

My understanding of the programming process is that you can program 4 keys in one programming session and not not 4 keys in total:
"NOTE- A maximum of four keys including the original can be programmed each time."

When you start the programming process all other keys other than the one in the bike at the time of the session are deleted:
"NOTE – All previous keys have been deleted from the HISS system, only the original is now programmed."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version