Honda ST1100 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1100

Aftermarket seats

(1/4) > >>

Seadragonfoundry:
New owner seeking advice on aftermarket seats such as Corbin, Sargeant etc. We are doing long distance touring and wonder if these seats can be worth the money or whether we just stop more often?
I don’t mind spending the money if it is worth it but would feel awfully ripped off if I do spend it for no result.
Value your opinions.

Wild Rose:
I have a Sargent seat on my ST1300 and find it far better than the original. But it is a ST1100 so don't know what the Standard ST1100 seat is like
But welcome to OzSTOC  :hatwave

StinkyPete:
I had a Sargeant front and back on my ST300, and it was a vast improvement over the OEM.  It was flatter and wider and also harder, but I coud sit for far longer than with teh original seat.   The "Gold Standard" for long distance seats would be be Russel Daylong.

Williamson:
Welcome to OzSTOC SDF.  Let us know which State your in and keep your eyes on the RTE threads, we might meet-up one day.

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on October 31, 2019, 06:36:59 PM ---I had a Sargeant front and back on my ST300, and it was a vast improvement over the OEM.  It was flatter and wider and also harder, but I coud sit for far longer than with teh original seat.   The "Gold Standard" for long distance seats would be be Russel Daylong.

--- End quote ---

I have a Russel Daylong (RDL) on my ST1300, it provides support for the thighs, a lot more comfort for rider and pillion, and allows me / both of us to ride 800km / 400km days.

Not the bests pics, but probably good enough for you to see the difference between the standard and RDL.

Finally, for now, there's a guy in Goulburn NSW that does MJM seats.  A number of mates swear by him, he could be worth a chat.

Yorkie:
I tried most aftermarket seats for the 1100 and found if an upholsterer left 50mm and removed the excess it is far better than the aftermarkets, others who have tried it agree.
My recommendation is don't waste your money on these seats for the 1100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version