Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

Bit the Bullet

(1/2) > >>

Dragonstaff:
Found this on the Trailer Owners facebook page, and couldn't let it go. 650 ks later, it is home.

2005 Shadow, with a poly block swivel hitch. No brakes though, but it tows well empty, and only cost me 0.1km per litre, which I think I can forgive. Did include the inverter for the solar, and a tiny MC battery to go with it. That shall become some sort of small deep cycle one in due time.

Now all I need is a rack on the lid for an extra swag. Maybe.

Brock:
That it doesnt have brakes is no surprise, its a light trailer so doesnt really need brakes. Its a good looking trailer.

Come to think of it , I havent heard of any bike trailers with brakes, which is good as you dont need the hassle and expense of fitting brake controllers

Dragonstaff:

--- Quote from: Brock on February 02, 2022, 07:36:17 PM ---Come to think of it , I havent heard of any bike trailers with brakes, which is good as you dont need the hassle and expense of fitting brake controllers

--- End quote ---

I have seen some with over-ride brakes on the hitch, but not electric. Mainly on the heavier camper types.

Williamson:
Yes, a very neat looking unit.  And now an opportunity for different adventures.

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on February 02, 2022, 07:56:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Brock on February 02, 2022, 07:36:17 PM ---Come to think of it , I havent heard of any bike trailers with brakes, which is good as you dont need the hassle and expense of fitting brake controllers

--- End quote ---

I have seen some with over-ride brakes on the hitch, but not electric. Mainly on the heavier camper types.

--- End quote ---

Yes, brakes are very common.  My Elite Camper had (I suppose it still has) brakes.

These are an hydraulic over-ride disc set-up, very effective and a must in IMHO.

And my current Classic trailer has a similar set-up.

(If you squint, you may be able to see the brake fluid reservoir.)

CallMeSteve:
Nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version