Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

PR6s are here

<< < (2/9) > >>

CallMeSteve:

--- Quote from: Biggles on February 02, 2022, 11:36:49 AM ---Fans of the Michelin Pilot Roads will be intertested to hear they've reached their 6th iteration.  I ordered tyres on Monday and my guy says they were due for release yesterday.  He's waiting for his shipment.

--- End quote ---

I’m a fan, though I’m not due for a new set yet.  The 5’s have been terrific in cornering but noisier than the 4’s.   I’ll be interested in your views once you give the 6’s a run.

Biggles:
Got them today.  There's a name change- now just Michelin Road 6 CT+  $555 fitted by da Man.
I'll also be interested to see if they're quieter.

https://nsmctyres.com/michelin-road-6-road-6-gt-sport-touring-tyre-range/

I'm not sure about the "GT" designation in his link, because it isn't found on the tyre or in the road test:
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/Michelin-Road-6---Launched.htm

Here's the history (and I've had all of them):
- 2002   MICHELIN Pilot Road – the first Road tire range
- 2007   MICHELIN Pilot Road 2 – the first Road tire range featuring sipes
- 2014   MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 – the first Road tire range with a dedicated GT version
- 2018   MICHELIN Road 5 – the first Road tire range using 3D sipe technology

It looks like they dropped the "Pilot" on the 5s and I didn't notice.

Biggles:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on February 02, 2022, 05:00:47 PM ---Any experience out there on the life of the Road 5's compared to the Road 4's??

--- End quote ---

My current ST13 came with new Pirelli Angel GTs and gave me 17,600 km.
The PR5s I put on gave me 17011 km.
I used to always get 23,000 km and I was blaming the Pirellis, but this is looking like the new norm.  I suspect it's because my riding has had a much higher percentage of pillion kms than previous tyres that had more FarRiding solo kays.

LindsayGT:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on February 02, 2022, 05:00:47 PM ---The Beemer is due for a new set of tyres, and I may consider these.

--- End quote ---

If I still have the K1600GT, I think I’ll give these a go next change!

ruSTynutz:
As I'm no lightweight and with Sue being no skinny mini I figure a "GT" may be better suited on the rear of my ST.

Unfortunately the GT's don't come in a 170/60R17...  :||||

They do do a 180/55R17 though which, assuming there's enough clearance width wise, would probably be okay.

The lower profile means the 180/55R17 is actually slightly smaller (diameter wise) than the 170/60R17 but the difference is minimal...see below:

Has anyone fitted a 180/55R17 tyre to their ST???  :popcorn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version