No Parking Zone! > Hobbies outside of OzSTOC

Picture this !!!

(1/6) > >>

Pocket STocker:
Lets here from our passionate Photographers !!!

How do we take better touring pictures ???

I'm still at the point and shoot stage then hope for the best, take a hundred pics to pull a couple of good one's and if we are lucky a memorable shot.

Enlighten us ???

Pockey  :grin

Sicman:
I just use me phone camera. The technology has come a long way and it saves having to carry both a camera and phone :thumb I still get some great shots :wink1

I think the secret is just remembering to take lots of photos  :grin

alans1100:
I prefer to use a decent digital camera, one with a view finder so I can see what I'm taking but it means stopping and getting the camera out of the top case. I do have a smaller camera but it's hard to see what your taking with the display on the back but I can carry it my pocket. I still need to stop, but I don't have to get off the bike.

I've tried taking pictures with the phone but the quality was never there so I gave it up. Our galaxy tab takes good photos but again, needs to go in the top case.

Regardless of what ever you use, you have to remember to take them in the first place.

Biggles:
It's a tough discipline stopping and taking photos.  Getting the camera out is only half the battle- even finding a suitable parking spot is a challenge on a heavy bike.  With a car you just pull off the road almost anywhere.  With a bike you spend time making sure it won't fall over or get sideswiped.  That's before raising the visor, removing the sunglasses, removing the gloves  etc.  Then digging out the camera!
Diesel has a simple system for a basic digital point and click that avoids all the above hassle.  He wears it on a lanyard and shoots on the fly.

StinkyPete:
Modern digital cameras are brilliant and take care of exposure and focus without any drama, digital film is cheap and you get instant feedback on how you photo looks.     Here's three simple tips which will make for better photos.

1.  Fill the frame with what you want to photograph
2.  Compose your photo using the "rule of thirds"    http://www.ultimate-photo-tips.com/photography-rule-of-thirds.html
3.  Landscapes and other wide shots need to include some foreground, middleground and background to be effective and give the image some depth and impact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version