Author Topic: OzSTOC Custom Motorcycle Jacket  (Read 271065 times)

Offline johnnyYTED

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • STranger 1100 n BEEstY 1330cc
Re: OzSTOC Custom Motorcycle Jacket
« Reply #800 on: January 22, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »
 :dred11
 my S has gone on another journey,  :eek , geez these Jackets are racking up the k's, I poSTed it this afternoon and am awaiting my 'new' new L cuSTom jacket. so its back to the letterbox  :crackup
I am happy to cover the poSTage as Mark at Zen has acted in total good faith  o:) throughout this ordeal I dont feel he should bare all the coSTs, and hope he has some recourse with the manufacturers to help ease his pain.
 :beer
Picton  if it doesn’t flood higher than previous times.
mobile 047 4488 436 
IBA#59147, FarRider #732
STranger 1998 ST1100, x Police
STrangler ST1300 2007 Charcoal Grey.
BEEstY 2017 Can-Am Daytona 1330.
maybe something with a little extra
:dred11 :Spyder

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »
ST2UP

Chris, as I'm still in Scotland at moment, and won't be home till next Thursday, my jackets should still be with Mark at zen, so should I put the jackets on the swap thread now, or just wait till I try them. If I put them on now and someone needs them will Mark post them from office or will I still need to go collect them and re send??

:bl11

G'day Jack,
Just wait until you get home mate....on of you may have a win and fit , we have had a few  ;-*
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »
C'mon peoples... let's move on this....   

I have a 2XL which I believe someone who originally ordered a L will require.

No one has msg'd me yet.    :well

I can post this tomorrow if you are quick. We should all be looking to sort this immediately for ALL concerned, so that this can be righted asap.

So if you see someone with your req'd size - start messaging.      :phone      :CB--
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #803 on: January 22, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »
^^^^What he said^^^^

I canceled a weekend away with the very forgiving Pockey  :Blow to get this sorted as soon as possible for as many as possible..... :nahnah

Actually it got me out of sitting on the Husbands bench outside the home wares shops  :fp

Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #804 on: January 22, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »

Actually it got me out of sitting on the Husbands bench outside the home wares shops  :fp

PATHETIC!         :beer
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline Hendo

« Reply #805 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:02 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm one of those people whose jacket (3XL) is a couple of sizes too small. I appreciate all the effort everyone has gone to fix the sizing problems up.  ++ I noticed there were 9 more 3XL made than 5XL. I am willing to keep the 3XL and pass it onto my sometime pillion ( daughter) as long as I can order a 5XL to fit me. I am willing to pay for the extra jacket to be made, saving Zen ( Mark )from absorbing the cost of at least 1  of the 30-40 that have to be remanufactured.

Please let me know your thoughts on this..

Regards,

Hendo

Hendo

Ex Bikes
SRX250; GT380; GSX-250F; XT-250; ZZR-250;  ST1100 - RIP

Current Bikes
GV650; ST1300

Offline Hendo

« Reply #806 on: January 22, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »
D'Oh.  :fp :fp :fp :fp

I was reading things the wrong way, I should have bee looking at the XL sizes not the 3XL regarding the difference in numbers. Maybe forget the post below...

Hendo
Hendo

Ex Bikes
SRX250; GT380; GSX-250F; XT-250; ZZR-250;  ST1100 - RIP

Current Bikes
GV650; ST1300

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #807 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »
Hi Hendo - It would normally be that if you ordered and received a 3XL - it would be too small and you would be chasing a 5XL - does this make sense?
Cheers, Diesel
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline WendyL

• RTE Coordinator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Extremely nice person, angelic even....
« Reply #808 on: January 22, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »
I'm now in a quandary as what to do about jackets. My M fits my son perfectly. Very tempted to keep it then purchase left over jackets in S for my daughter and L or XL for me. Tempted to go L since the M did up ok and I'm in the process of losing weight again.  :think1
:KissBlow
Wendy
2005 ST1300
FarRider #913

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #809 on: January 22, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »
There will be at least 2 size smalls up for grabs.....I believe spanner was also interested  ;-*
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #810 on: January 22, 2015, 09:48:12 PM »
I'm now in a quandary as what to do about jackets. My M fits my son perfectly. Very tempted to keep it then purchase left over jackets in S for my daughter and L or XL for me. Tempted to go L since the M did up ok and I'm in the process of losing weight again.  :think1

Sounds to me like you've got it sorted-  all except the last three words.     :grin
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline WendyL

• RTE Coordinator
  • Extremely nice person, angelic even....
« Reply #811 on: January 22, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

Sounds to me like you've got it sorted-  all except the last three words.     :grin

Last three words sorted Biggles. 4.3kg down so far this year  :runyay
:KissBlow
Wendy
2005 ST1300
FarRider #913

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:32 AM »
Since its been opened up as a free for all, many people are going to miss out and it's looking like I'll be one with only 1 6XL in existence and back door swaps going left right an crooked.

Have the Leaders given up and thrown it to the wolves .. It looks that way. There seems to be no coordination happening from here other than perhaps order another jacket and run the waiting game again when the dust settles from closed door swaps.

I understand it wasn't anyone's fault, but chucking the coins in the air and seeing which way they come down and then start the process again for the losers is what is happening here and it's not good enough. We deserve and I deserve to be treated better than this. The process needs to be managed all the way through.

Oh and those members who want to threaten me with violence again .. Ha ha you'll need to be quick.

Sabie, we looked at several options on how to do this, we could control it all and decide who got what, we could put the names into a hat and randomly draw out the names, or option 3 which was let people make arrangements between themselves to begin with, and keep a very accurate record (which we are) and once this week is over we will look at what has gone where, and then start helping direct traffic.

the backdoor deals is people messaging each other saying hey I have a jacket, or hey you have a jacket that will fit lets work a swap. that's what we want to happen, and then we are marking everything off a spreadsheet, so we know what's happening, as Chris put in his message, you have to communicate with him when a swap has taken place

We were always going to be 30 odd jackets short in this process, I know have counted and double checked every which way.

Put it this way, how would you have fairly distributed 40-50 jackets to 81 people knowing there will be about 30 odd people who are going to miss out.

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Online Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2015, 06:59:49 AM »
Have the Leaders given up and thrown it to the wolves .. It looks that way.

From What I've read and looking at the other thread I think this is the safest way to proceed. And after everyone has had their swap or after the time limit I think the power at be will direct people where to send theirs.

And for those who miss out, its a shame, but its a short term shame for a long term investment. I'm sure you can't deny the quality of the jacket, so waiting a bit longer in oder to get a lifetime jacket that actually fits for a third of the price of a jacket in the stores...

Offline kappy5003

• ST Legend
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2015, 08:14:32 AM »
I didn't get on the original order and now wouldn't be sure what size to aim at.

My Dririder is a L and my brando leather Jacket is a 2XL.

Dont know how to work out sizing may have to wait when a re order is done, by the comments I could be a 5XL???
Cheers
Kappy
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
STOC #6677
ST 1100 P AnaSTasia

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • legend in my own match box.
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »
go back to the begining and take the correct measurements with a tape measurement and then look at what you would have ariginally orderd and then move UP a MINIMUM of 2 (two) sizes.

If in doubt email mark at Zen Motrorcycle gear.

F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Online Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
You guys are the self appointed leadership of this enterprise
Not me I have nothing to do with it

but not this way some people close to the leadership got a head start.
I don't think that's happened. I actually think it's the opposite, for this the very reason you're stating...

Anyway. I'll leave it at that.

Offline Shaun

• Professor
  • Ride and Teach
« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »
It does seem strange that it is being handled this way.

Problem with manufacture = manufacturer is liable and should bear all costs associated with remedy.

I am not sure why no is being taken for an answer by the distributor/retailer here.

I also see a lot of "blah blah but he is a member and sponsor and friend". This is not a good way to do business because it limits remedy avenues and adds unnecessary emotion and pressure to members and organisers.

As much as I would have liked a jacket, part of me is content that I did not order one, unfortunately.
:bl11 Blue 2001 ST1100 ABS Pan European (RIPieces) :(
New STeed: 2006 6th Gen VFR800Fi Sports Tourer

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
It does seem strange that it is being handled this way.

Problem with manufacture = manufacturer is liable and should bear all costs associated with remedy.

I am not sure why no is being taken for an answer by the distributor/retailer here.

I also see a lot of "blah blah but he is a member and sponsor and friend". This is not a good way to do business because it limits remedy avenues and adds unnecessary emotion and pressure to members and organisers.

As much as I would have liked a jacket, part of me is content that I did not order one, unfortunately.

well basically, we don't have much choice, if we want jackets in good time, we do it this way, Zen is basically caught in the middle, his Overseas jacket supplier has told him that yes they made a mistake, but they are not replacing the jackets, just offered him $10 off the replacement jackets, Mark has offered refunds to anyone who would like it, all you have to do is contact him.

or do we send back 81 jackets to him, and we 1. find another supplier to make the jacket, 2. wait another 4 months before we will see anything.

there was a no win situation, after much discussion this is what we came up with to do.

Zen is bearing all the costs of the postage and sending the jacket around, also in replacing the jackets for people who don't get one in the swap over.

If you read ST2UP's post Mark is upfront in wearing the costs.

we offered to co-ordinate the jacket swapping around to help out. hence I took time off work, chris and jean have cancelled a trip away, we want to fix this as quickly and simply as we can

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:39:01 AM by Streak »
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #819 on: January 23, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
We're a strong fellowship in OzSTOC, and most people are doing their best to make the jacket swap system work.  As Streak has said a few times, it's not ideal, but this way most people get a jacket soon.  Any appearance that "those at the top" are getting favorable treatment is illusory.  Is it suggested, for example, that the fact Wild Rose lives in the same town as Streak and has the right size jacket to suit him, would have been more fair to post that jacket to someone in WA for fear of showing favouritism?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Shaun

• Professor
  • Ride and Teach
« Reply #820 on: January 23, 2015, 12:10:38 PM »
Zen is bearing all the costs of the postage and sending the jacket around, also in replacing the jackets for people who don't get one in the swap over.

we offered to co-ordinate the jacket swapping around to help out. hence I took time off work, chris and jean have cancelled a trip away, we want to fix this as quickly and simply as we can

...none of which would need to happen if the manufacturer was being held to account, hence my previous question: Why is no being taken for an answer? No one is doubting (I think) that a lot is being done and sacrifices are being made by organisers of the jacket sale, but...why is it all necessary, especially when the party at fault has admitted liability?

It is possible that it is this point that is causing some confusion amongst some of the members.

Keep in mind that I am someone with zero stake in the outcome, but just a concerned bystander and member.
:bl11 Blue 2001 ST1100 ABS Pan European (RIPieces) :(
New STeed: 2006 6th Gen VFR800Fi Sports Tourer

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #821 on: January 23, 2015, 12:15:12 PM »

...none of which would need to happen if the manufacturer was being held to account, hence my previous question: Why is no being taken for an answer? No one is doubting (I think) that a lot is being done and sacrifices are being made by organisers of the jacket sale, but...why is it all necessary, especially when the party at fault has admitted liability?

It is possible that it is this point that is causing some confusion amongst some of the members.

Keep in mind that I am someone with zero stake in the outcome, but just a concerned bystander and member.

Because they are in Pakistan and dont care basically. ...

Mark has had two laps at them and pretty much got brushed off,  legally it would cost more than our little order to fight them, and we would be no better off
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • legend in my own match box.
« Reply #822 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
come on people ...... there is no point in blaming or counter blaming or generally trying to stir the nest.

This is a shit situation with a supplier that really couldnt give a shit for such a small order AND they are not liable to AUSTRALIAN laws.

mark from ZEN is liable AND he has said he would refund, replace etc.

He has also said he will pay postage or subisides the postage or what ever. This is a minor cost really for the quality jacket that I have recieved and posted on. Its still cheeper than getting one from a retail supplier. You will also note that manufactures allways say that return postage is opaid by the consumer and Mark is prepared to subsidise the cost.

ALSO Mark is a sponsor and freind of the club and a member of the club ..... I personally think this deserves some leeway as he is not just some scumbag retailer out to grab a profit with no feelings towards the club.

Yes we are all upset with the result and yes there maybe a better way to handle the result IF LEADERSHIP WERE BEING PAID for their time and effort....... they are volunteers so they have no finacial benefit from all the stress THEY are under whilst we only have the reletivly minor stress of maybe  I will need to wait longer.

DISCLAIMER: Yes I have a jacket organised and being set so i am not one who is going to have to wait

Please people ..... we will all have a jacket at the end of the day BUT unfortunatly some will need to wait longer and my heart does go out to them.

Lets keep this nice so that if in the future another group buy will not be automatically shunned by those who have the will and skill to organise such things.

Thank you organising team for the work you have done and for the stress you are no doubt going through.
     :clap ++ :thumbs   keep up the good work.
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #823 on: January 23, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »
We're a strong fellowship in OzSTOC, and most people are doing their best to make the jacket swap system work. 

Excellent comment Biggles!! 

Sabie, I am concerned that you have highlighted a threat of violence towards yourself and I quote "Oh and those members who want to threaten me with violence again .. Ha ha you'll need to be quick.".  Firstly, this purported claim should be taken up immediately with ST2UP, SAAZ or POKEY.  I am abhorred  that this may have occurred.  Sadly, it does not fit with the comment from Biggles above and my time with other riders in the club. 

Whilst I do not agree with your claims regarding the jacket, I strongly support OzSTOC, ZEN and Streak in taking the choice they have to manage the issue, which in my mind, is the lesser of a number of other evils.  As this process is in place and occurring as we speak, may I suggest that we all get on board and support what is in happening. 

I am not sure where the negative banter and finger pointing will get us, we have a solution in operation, whether we agree or not so lets get on with it.

Those who are not happy with the jacket situation are able to obtain a refund from ZEN

IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #824 on: January 23, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
I'm confident this will be sorted and everyone will be happy with only one exception and that will be Mark at Zen.
I want this to work out and I don't have a vested interest in this at this stage.  It is likely that down the track I will be part of the 2nd tranche of Jacket Orders once this is sorted.

Well done everyone with investment in tgis for working through this amicabley and working as a team. This is what makes me glad I am part of OzSTOC. :thumbs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555