Farkles, Gear & Accessories > What have you done in the shed today

An afternoon in the shed.

<< < (2/14) > >>

West Aussie Glen:
  Maintenance was a convoluted PITA.
[/quote]
Which maimtnace items are you referring to Bill?
How many kms did you do on it?

Biggles:

--- Quote from: West Aussie Glen on February 07, 2023, 03:59:38 PM --- Which maimtnace items are you referring to Bill?
How many kms did you do on it?

--- End quote ---

I did 7535 kms.
The maintenance item I didn't get to, but dreaded was the air filter.  I actually sold it before I needed to do an oil change, but I wasn't looking forward to it.  Apart from such items, which I am aware that you, as a long time afficionado of the marque, revel in, it was much more challenging than the ST1300 to do modifications such as adding lights and an air horn.  In a nutshell, it was just a lot more bike than I needed or wanted.  I loved the super-smooth engine and great torque- but the ST, although not in the same league, does it for me.  At least I don't have to stand around waiting for it to "boot" before I can read the ODO for my fuel records.

West Aussie Glen:

--- Quote from: Biggles on February 08, 2023, 12:31:34 PM ---
I did 7535 kms.
The maintenance item I didn't get to, but dreaded was the air filter.  I actually sold it before I needed to do an oil change, but I wasn't looking forward to it.  Apart from such items, which I am aware that you, as a long time afficionado of the marque, revel in, it was much more challenging than the ST1300 to do modifications such as adding lights and an air horn.  In a nutshell, it was just a lot more bike than I needed or wanted.  I loved the super-smooth engine and great torque- but the ST, although not in the same league, does it for me.  At least I don't have to stand around waiting for it to "boot" before I can read the ODO for my fuel records.

--- End quote ---
Wing oil change is the same if not easier than the 1300. I agree with you about the boot time. I turn on the ignition as soon as I return to the bike or switch to accessories when I stop instead of off and that keeps the dash alive unfortunately also keeps the head lights on, but I can turn those off. Having to reactivate the GPS is the one that annoys me the most. The horns are great so although I have an air horn for mine will probably never install it. My first air filter was done when Honda did the airbag recall. STRay and I did the second one along with other mods. I will do the third which I will time as matter of interest. Biggest maintenance pain is final drive oil, easiest way is to remove the RH muffler. Rear wheel removal is much easier than the 1300. Like the 1300 Honda got the gearing wrong. I have now fitted a Henry Final drive. That along with a slightly larger diameter rear tyre (gone darkside  >:() ) has dropped the rpm at a true 110kph from 3,000 to 2,500. Has transformed the bike to where Honda should have built it. Just trying to figure out how to do it to the 1300. I have now done 112,000kms on the wing. This year the bigger runs will be to Broken Hill, the Border Run and maybe Mudgee.

Dragonstaff:
I don't have 'boot' problems with mine. It is a 1200, so a bit before all that electronical nonsence.

West Aussie Glen:

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on February 08, 2023, 09:52:09 PM ---I don't have 'boot' problems with mine. It is a 1200, so a bit before all that electronical nonsence.

--- End quote ---
No boot problems on my 1500 and I can see all the warning lights no matter how the sun is shinging on the instrument panel.
I don't know much about the 1200s but certainly from the 1500 to the 1800 Honda took 3 steps froward and 1 back.
For example take a look at the decrease in pannier size from a GL1500 to a Gen 2 GL1800 and the size reduction continues for 2018+ GL1800.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version