Honda ST1300 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1300

Dragging Front right Brakes

<< < (2/4) > >>

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13 :dred11
Last service was at 65,000 in 2013 now has 72,000 since then (5YRS must have sat for awhile). may have had mice in the barn on the farm that feasted on wiring whilst sitting for 5YRS, a long time to contemplate over the difficulty in fixing.
I have a feeling that the bike became too difficult for the previous owner to work problems out and just wanted to get rid of it.
The previous owner could have been a member and told the truth about falling off a truck, I still own my old 1100 and keep it registered insured along with my 2008 ST1300 , both of which if I had issues with I lQQk or ask here for advice and always get the info I needed. and members more than willing to help.
so Pete in your first ever post calling people "dipsticks" isn't really the way to start in this forum looking for answers to as you say a bike that has sat for 5yrs.. I know of many bikes that sit un ridden un washed uncared for because ppl have separation issue with getting rid of a usually problem free bike.
I hope you get the brakes working properly and can start enjoying your purchase, as for the heating your privates, its a well know fact they get hot, my 2008 doesn't get my bits overly hot whereas my 1998 1100 does get my legs hot. I know from the high k's I ride. The lambs wool on my ST's  helps put a little insulation to protect my jewels.. There is a pic that cant be unseen of my damaged bits I'd share but others who maybe will read this thread don't want that image re planted in their head, so if you come up with a solve to the  common heat problem do share it here. Its excellent on cold winter nights to add some warmth but not really suited to Qld's or NT's higher average temps.
just my 2 cents worth with GST added.   is your bike yellow maybe you got the 1 or so lemons out of whatever huge number made.

PeteBycroft:
Thanks johnny YTED

StinkyPete:
Pete, I can't offer any advice about your brake problem, but fitting a sheepskin seat cover helps with heat issue as it improves the seal beteeen the seat and the tank, keeping the hot air away from your bits.

PeteBycroft:
Thank you Stinkypete
My wife thanks you
I thank you
and my jewels THANK YOU.

ordered 1 on ebay 2 minutes ago.

Thanks again

West Aussie Glen:
Pete if you can get the brake to lock again try releasing pressure at the hand brake master cylinder if that works you will need to service the master cylinder. If the pressure doesn't release from there work your way down the hoses to find where it does release. I have heard of brake hoses giving that sort of problem. Be sure to put a rag over where ever you try to release the pressure to catch any brake fluid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version