No Parking Zone! > Off Topic, Off Colour, and non-motorcycle related

I Just Wanted To Say... Ya Can't Hijack This!! :-))

<< < (2/170) > >>

Biggles:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on August 12, 2012, 10:52:26 PM ---[bike and road train it may have been a non issue and so it's a live and lean thing.

--- End quote ---

That's a horrible pun!   :p

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Biggles on August 12, 2012, 10:59:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: alans1100 on August 12, 2012, 10:52:26 PM ---[bike and road train it may have been a non issue and so it's a live and lean thing.

--- End quote ---

That's a horrible pun!   :p

--- End quote ---

pun unintended.........spelling corrected.......lol

Biggles:
No one else has taken up the challenge to make this a gossip thread, so I'll ramble on.

Tomorrow I'm riding as Moto-crew for the Brisbane RTCC- Ride To Conquer Cancer.  About 1500 pushbike riders ride 100 km raising sponsorship money for cancer research.  I did the same thing last year for the inaugural one, and I see Sydney, Melbourne and Perth have one this year also.  The major sponsor is Rio Tinto who pour a lot of money into making it happen.  Everyone camps out at Lake Wivenhoe tomorrow night then ride all the way back to the starting point at the University of Queensland.

As Moto-crew we ensure safety at intersections and ride up and down the column helping anyone in trouble and encouraging those who are struggling.  There are three pit stops, including a lunch break.  The route takes in Chelmer, Richlands, Ipswich and Fernvale.

A mate whose wife had breast cancer which metastisised to her liver put up his hand to raise the minimum required to qualify: $2500.  Last time I saw his webpage he had $11,600.  That's the sort of friends he has! 

The homepage is here:
http://www.conquercancer.org.au/index.html

If anyone in Perth would like to help out, yours is October 20-21st.  Sydney is October 13-14.

Believe me, it's a great experience.  I found it very moving when I did Moto-crew last year.

Don't be put off by the "Harley Crew" thing.  They were going to supply 40 crew this year in Brisbane and managed to muster 13.  It was HD Aust trying to do a bit of promo work while putting up the $50 per rider that we each paid last year.  So this year we "miscellaneous makes riders" get our fee paid by HD.  Gotta laugh!   :thumbsup

sargent:

--- Quote from: Biggles on August 17, 2012, 10:08:08 PM ---No one else has taken up the challenge to make this a gossip thread, so I'll ramble on.

:thumbs biggles  :thumbs

Great to see, just did a cycling charity ride myself only a couple of weeks ago.
Things only happen when you just get up and do it...

--- End quote ---

Brock:
Sounds interesting, but I aint joining HOG....

I may just look int it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version