Author Topic: LED Driving Lights  (Read 11453 times)

Offline Rodd

• Maryborough, QLD
Re: LED Driving Lights
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »
Good Idea! Much better the feel and see the quality than risk getting a crap Chinese one. Not all chinese ones are crap of course but it's difficult to tell by an EEbay photo.

There is a fella in town here that sells led lighting, solar, etc. I'll go for a ride and see what his latest offerings are!

Offline Gatey

• ST Legend
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
Narva  lights must be the best if you go by their cost :||||

Narva 71822 Compac L.E.D   look them up, they seem to be just the bees knees.

Until you get the price... |-i   $ 523.60 EACH.

When old mate told me the price I just laughed til I felt sick. He thought it was a good price and the "best deal he could do" :fp

Some dick's just don't get it >:()
Persevere...My Dad did.
FarRider #269..IBA#54983
One of the Barraba Crew

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
When I can get a strip of 32 LED stoplights posted from Honkers for $4.78 you really have to wonder why the higher powered ones are so much dearer.  One would assume it's just a bigger whatsit and therefore brighter.  Those $500 ones only have about 5 to 9 LEDS in them.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Gatey

• ST Legend
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
Just an update on the Narva 71822 Compac L.E.D

Since my last post Many calls have been made to the distributors listed by Narva. Eventualy Quentin from Narva pointed me in the right places.

Of note: No two prices similar.
                 Burson's in Tamworth and New England Truck Parts Inverell are the only 2 places that would do any enquiry into the product.
                     Settled on $440 for a kit  inc 2x led drivers, 2x lights,2x relays (1x12v, 1x24v), 1x 30amp fuse block, 2x lumes, 2x brackets,fasteners. 1x switch
                        13w ea, 2600 lumen's ea, drive beam, Looks Horizontal, light starts to diminish after 250mtrs but still very usefull at 500mtrs and cats eyes well into the next decade.
                             A thin glass band shows from the edge of the lense which throws a wide usable band of light to each side. I like this as its great illumination while manoeuvring among parking lots or as with TDM around bush tracks, creek crossings etc.

I've just finished my version of under mirror brackets from 16mm round SS. The lamps will tuck in close to the body.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:54:30 PM by Gatey »
Persevere...My Dad did.
FarRider #269..IBA#54983
One of the Barraba Crew