Author Topic: Thinking of going HID? Look here... $45.00  (Read 8275 times)

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
Re: Thinking of going HID? Look here... $45.00
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29:43 AM »
the spotties were from an importer over in your territory. I was put onto them by Tackleberry, come in a couple of variations, euro beam and spot. I think there may be some different brightness level as well, not sure. The contact should be on here somewhere and some good information.  I would suggest the euro beam for you.
hope that helps
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

terrydj

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
the spotties were from an importer over in your territory. I was put onto them by Tackleberry, come in a couple of variations, euro beam and spot. I think there may be some different brightness level as well, not sure. The contact should be on here somewhere and some good information.  I would suggest the euro beam for you.
hope that helps
All I know is that tj's lights are the best I have seen. When doing a Faride I followed him at night forever and I didn't even need my lights. The light spead from he front of his bike way out just loked the best. I fitted HID's to mine straight after and just couldn't get them to work, so I turfed em, but kept the HID setup in my spotlights which are bloody perfect

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
I have run the hi/lo HIDs for a while now.  No problems, and they are a stack brighter than the H4 Philips vision plus bulbs I had in before.  High beam still lacks penetration so the HID converted spots fill that space nicely.  Low beam throws out more useful light at highway speed, but it still lacks that nice cutoff that only the continental euro ST11s get, so it is a better blob of flatish light out front with some side reflections.  My H4s were the Jaycar ones at around $140.  I modified my headlight housing so the bulbs sit in there with all three tabs on.
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others