Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

Fuel types for ST13s (apart from Diesel that apparently doesn't work)

(1/3) > >>

Biggles:
I was caught short at a NSW Shell servo because they only have E10 in ULP.  I just grabbed the yellow ULP nozzle and fuelled up then saw the E10 sticker.     :eek

Ruby seemed to cope with it, despite her mother prohibiting it.  Acceleration and high speeds weren't affected, but I'll take ULP95 any time in preference because I'd hate to hurt her feelings.

Brock:
I think the local BP is 10% as well, cos it said up to 10% on the bowser. Didnt make it any cheaper, and now because speedo is/maybe broke I cant tell if performace will be affected. feels ok tho.

Biggles:
Yep- all BP 91 RON I've encountered recently have been E10.  At least the 7-Elevens charge a couple of cents less for it.  As I recall, we're losing chemical energy and therefore fuel economy. 
And as far as I'm concerned, it's just politics and greenwash that has inflicted it on us.  Our agriculture should be feeding the world, not our engines.  It's turned agriculture on its head is some poor countries who are chasing the energy dollar at the expense of food.

STroppy:
I thought that the E10's were about 95 RON and the good old unleaded standard was only 91 RON? Last time I bought ULP in Canberra it was a tad cheaper then the E10. I used to use E10 in most of my vehicles but having seen what it did to the rubber components inside a fuel tank, I now use either 95 or 98 RON, if that isn't available ULP, E10 only if none of the others are available.

After a couple of years of using E 10 in my Ford Exploder the fuel gauge stopped working, a few months after I switched to 95/98 RON the fuel gauge started working again, my theory is that the better fuel helped clean up the shite of the fuel gauge sender?

Marcus:
I've never taken any notice.. I just go for the unleaded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version