Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

Classic Industries Towbar Fitting/Wiring Instructions - ST1300

<< < (4/4)

Williamson:

--- Quote from: PC on December 06, 2020, 07:42:09 AM ---You use those holes to adjust the height of your tow ball I have mine in the second hole from the rear to get the height of my tow ball near centre of rear axel
The theory is if to ball is above or below axel centre  the trailer can push or pull the bike down when cornering
In saying that the wheel moves up and down so I think it is just an average  My trailer sits quite level when hitched up which is what I was wanting to achieve more so then axel centre

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I've just finished with the installation, used the holes second from the rear, height looks okay, but I'll check the height and angle relative to the bike when I'm finished.  And another but ... the sometimes is another but (and sometimes that's a big hairy butt), but I'm a little disappointed about how far it sticks out the rear, it's about 150mm from the rear tyre.

PC:
[quote author=Williamson link=topic=6531.msg1281086#msg1281086 date=1607213057, but I'm a little disappointed about how far it sticks out the rear, it's about 150mm from the rear tyre.
[/quote]
Yep that about right . If mine was any closer to the wheel the trailer hitch would foul on the rear mudguard

Williamson:

--- Quote from: PC on December 06, 2020, 11:03:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Williamson on December 06, 2020, 10:04:17 AM ---... but I'm a little disappointed about how far it sticks out the rear, it's about 150mm from the rear tyre.

--- End quote ---

Yep that about right . If mine was any closer to the wheel the trailer hitch would foul on the rear mudguard

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is right, when I get the rear mudguard on it doesn't look ungainly.

As I was getting the mudguard on I noticed that with the lower end of the hanger straps set at the second hole from the rear the hanger straps, they didn't adequately clear the mudguard, had to reset them on the third hole from the rear.

With the mudguard off, there were only a few extra screws too loosen to take off the rear light assembly, then much easier to access the rear wiring.   When reassembling everything don't forget to re-install the light assembly before you re-install the grab rail.  If you don't you have to remove and re-install the grab rail - d'oh!

Anyhow, brake, tail and indicator wires piggy-backed and ready to connect into the wiring loom on the tow hitch, perhaps a job for another weekend or day off.       

PC:

--- Quote from: Williamson on December 06, 2020, 03:23:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: PC on December 06, 2020, 11:03:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Williamson on December 06, 2020, 10:04:17 AM ---... but I'm a little disappointed about how far it sticks out the rear, it's about 150mm from the rear tyre.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is right, when I get the rear mudguard on it doesn't look ungainly.

As I was getting the mudguard on I noticed that with the lower end of the hanger straps set at the second hole from the rear the hanger straps, they didn't adequately clear the mudguard, had to reset them on the third hole from the rear.

With the mudguard off, there were only a few extra screws too loosen to take off the rear light assembly, then much easier to access the rear wiring.   When reassembling everything don't forget to re-install the light assembly before you re-install the grab rail.  If you don't you have to remove and re-install the grab rail - d'oh!

Anyhow, brake, tail and indicator wires piggy-backed and ready to connect into the wiring loom on the tow hitch, perhaps a job for another weekend or day off.     

--- End quote ---
Good to see it all came together  enjoy towing  :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version