Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

Pockey's mobile wardrobe (Camper Trailer)

(1/9) > >>

ST2UP:
Well we have gone and done it now....something I said I wouldn't do....and I mean EVER DO !!

We have stayed up to 2 weeks on the road and could perhaps longer in paid accomodation with the bike alone.....even with some of Pockey's creature comforts along  :butt

But times they are a changing.... we came from a camping and camper trailer background with the 4WD and the kids, but with the cost of paid accomodation escalating and not being in the exact locations you want your lodgings we have made a new addition to the STable along side STig.

We have dropped a bag full of dimes on an Elite Camper trailer..... :eek

The camper was previously owned by Sicman  :-++ who has aquired a new toy to compensate.......

The Elite camper which we have nick named "STung" as it sits on the tail of our bike STig is a 2006 model that has had very minimal use by its previous 2 owners. STung has a 360 deg coupling, disc brakes, 10" wheels, draw bar pod with Ice Box and 12v to 12v Redarc charger to a 105A/h deepcycle battery in the trailer.

The tent section is 1.5 x 2.7 mtr with 4 screened windows and a screened door. The bed base is a folded Queen size with a 4" mattress. Attachable awning (when used) is 2.7 x 2.7 with 3 screened walls.

We will carry all the usual camping gear but more along the light weight hiking line of products in relation to cooking, chairs, tables etc.

So stand by for loads of bike trailer related questions from these bike camper virgins.... :nahnah

ST2UP:
So my first question....

I intend on replacing the tyres (5.00x10") as they are now 10yrs old.....the trailer has a spare mounted under the rear and may be helpful for weight distribution  :think1

But I'm considering disgaurding the spare to save weight, jacks etc and putting slime or similar into the 2 tyres in use.....the tyres are tubeless and I do carry a tyre repair kit and compressor on the bike.

Tell me your thoughts trailer guru's  :blu13

Marcus:

Lionel:
I scrubbed a 10" trailer tyre on the road to Blackall, ripped the sidewall. I then had to ride north to Barcaldine then east to Rockhampton to get a replacement. Lucky I had a spare with me. Just sayin'
Also lucky that a passing cage stopped and lent me his jack.

Diesel:

--- Quote from: ST2UP on July 15, 2015, 07:32:31 AM ---
But I'm considering disgaurding the spare to save weight, jacks etc and putting slime or similar into the 2 tyres in use.....the tyres are tubeless and I do carry a tyre repair kit and compressor on the bike.

--- End quote ---
This should be fine.    ++

I only carry a spare on my trailer in case a wheel bearing lets go out there somewhere. The bearing is pressed into the rim on my model.

My (much lighter) trailer could probably run with no air in the tyres (to get me to the next town or a safe spot to pull over) - but I'd say your tyre issue is sorted and you won't need the spare. Just consider the wheel bearing side of things.     ;-*

Especially once Pampered Pockey Packs Perishables and Personal Property Prior to Putting Posterior in Pillion Position.     :wink1   Phew!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version