Author Topic: BLUESKYSEA DV988 Dashcam install  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Calsonic

• Jericho Productions
BLUESKYSEA DV988 Dashcam install
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:24:25 PM »
So I just installed the Blueskysea DV988 dual dash cam and put together a short install rundown for anyone interested on what they are like and if there are any problems during the install.

http://www.jerichoproductions.com.au/blueskysea-dv988-install

Cheers

Calsonic
Honda ST1100A :bl11
Suzuki GT750
Yamaha XS250
Kawasaki Z400

The following users thanked this post: Piet, CallMeSteve, ruSTynutz

Re: BLUESKYSEA DV988 Dashcam install
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 03:45:43 AM »
Is the mic in the screen part or do you have a cabled one?  I have an older model (same as Shiney's) and I keep the panel in the top box with the wired mic placed on my bike's dash.  It gets no wind interference there (admittedly I don't have an ST) except on the odd occasion I pull over to take a photo on a day when I have a tailwind.  an you change the color of the timestamp or is that blue it?  Mine is white.

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »
Awesome work mate, thanks for sharing :thumbsup
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Calsonic

• Jericho Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 03:35:54 PM »
Is the mic in the screen part or do you have a cabled one?  I have an older model (same as Shiney's) and I keep the panel in the top box with the wired mic placed on my bike's dash.  It gets no wind interference there (admittedly I don't have an ST) except on the odd occasion I pull over to take a photo on a day when I have a tailwind.  an you change the color of the timestamp or is that blue it?  Mine is white.

The mic is built into the screen on this unit. I have not looked at trying to change the time stamp colour. That was default. I have not even set the time and date yet :-)
Honda ST1100A :bl11
Suzuki GT750
Yamaha XS250
Kawasaki Z400

Bodø

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »

The mic is built into the screen on this unit. I have not looked at trying to change the time stamp colour. That was default. I have not even set the time and date yet :-)

Are you sure about the mic?  I bought a DV988 recently and put it on my new Xmax earlier this week.  If had one.  This thing with the button and blue LED is also the microphone.  I haven't got around to putting mine on the dash yet so it's in the top box with the unit.  The timestamps are indeed blue and I don't think I can change it.  Oh well, at least I'll know which bike the images came from, not that I am expecting the Xmax to go out of suburbia very often.