Author Topic: Iphone remote control advice  (Read 2630 times)

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
Iphone remote control advice
« on: October 11, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
Hi All,

I just purchased a new iPhone and found this handy $35 remote controller.   :thumbsup

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nano-iPod-iPhone-iJet-Nav-Elite-Wireless-Remote-Control-in-Black-/280819163020?pt=US_MP3_Player_Accessory_Bundles&hash=item4162205f8c

You can keep the phone in your pannier / top box / pocket or glove box etc...and control the music functions remotely.

Does anyone have this or similar device in use, prior to my $35 purchase?

it requires a "lightning 8 to 30 pin adaptor" ($2.50) for iphone 5 >
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290933243771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have installed a "Cyberon Voice dialler" app ($2.50) that I used on my Samsung for the past 2 yrs and it works really well for voice activated phone contacts.
Siri (iphones  little helper) requires an active internet connection and can do much the same, but I often ride in areas w/o internet connection or dont want to have internet activated.
Zev

Offline PC

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
Re: Iphone remote control advice
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
  Hi Zev

I have a similar    INAV remote for the I pod   I have it velcroed on top of the clutch reservoir  and I Pod in the left hand pie warmer it works a TREAT :like 

TIP - I use a ligth rubber band to keep the control unit in the I Pod   with the I pod just lying lose in the pie warmer it would work its way out and you are
stuck on that setting until you pull up and plug it back in .  With mine if the control comes loose and you have to plug it back  in you also have to unplug the ear
phone cable and plug it back in or I will not get any sound  ( just seems to be how it rolls )

I really like my music when ridding and I find this device GREAT

Peter

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:09 PM »
Thanks Peter, thats reassuring that it works.

could you send me a link for the inav device you use?

also, hos wo you activate / call contacts when iphone Siri is not connected to internet?

I seem to be having some difficulty using cyberon with iphone, i wonder if i need to disable siri ?

many thanks

Zev
Zev

Offline PC

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »
 sorry dont know how to do what you ask   so go to farkles gear and accessories  then comms and audio  go to page 2 
  4th heading volume up and down   go to very last post  thats where I found it

as for the rest I have no idea     I am just a dumb ass farm boy   technology is not my strong point
  hope I was of some help
                Peter         
                     ps if those Siri Cybery things keep giving you trouble let me know I have got a trusty 12 guage that will more than disable them for you

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »
Hi PC

thanks for the reply, thats the key ring version of the one I just ordered from the US. same price $45 incl shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-iPod-iPhone-iJet-Nav-Elite-Wireless-Remote-Control-in-Black-/280819163020?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160

hope it works... if not i'll give ya a holla to common down with ya shottie fer some fixin... |-i
Zev

Offline PC

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
  Hi Zev

no wurries mate glad to help

hope it works... if not i'll give ya a holla to common down with ya shottie fer some fixin... |-i

mmmmm...... road trip with shottie to sort things out 
                                               better get the vest ,false beard,stick on tats,pudding bowl for helmet out and take the Hardly Going

Peter