Author Topic: How the current OzSTOC logo came about.....  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
How the current OzSTOC logo came about.....
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »
With the new life breathed into the existing Yahoo email Ozstoc group, I thought a fresh new look should accompany the change in pace and direction of the group as well.

With Graham (Streak) now on board as a contact able to produce things like shirts and club patches, the time was right to try a couple of designs to update the logo.

I wanted a design that reflected and expressed a few of the sentiments that I and many other motorcycle touring enthusiasts held dear, and also be a smart, recognisable representation of what OzSTOC was about.

I also had to appease owners of both models of ST.

I like the combination of orange and black.

We’re an Australian club.

Soooo…..

I used ocre as the ground colour to reflect the heart of this wide brown land, and of course, the Southern Cross up in the sky which we all know and love. Of course the bikes went in, and some stylish typefaces to accompany the look of the logo. Thanks must go to Mrs Diesel here who is a graphic designer and was able to computer render the 1100 and 1300 by hand (mouse) for me. The round shape encompassed all of the elements best, and suited production of OzSTOC paraphen… parafan…. gear.

I made two similar designs and petitioned the Members of the old Yahoo email list to see which logo they preferred. They picked the version you see on the website, coffee mugs and Club badges.

Here is how it appears on the OzSTOC Bcard...

The logo has since go through another iteration as an elegant and simplified derivative of the usual logo, as seen on the jackets, caps and new style shirts.

Here is the original OzSTOC logo from waaaay back.     

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

The following users thanked this post: tj189, ST2UP, Wild Rose, johnnyYTED

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • legend in my own match box.
Re: How the current OzSTOC logo came about.....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
noice.
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Re: How the current OzSTOC logo came about.....
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:11:51 PM »
Ha the phone calls about the shirts and the logo and the colours, i think you me and bill nearly wore the phones out!
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63