Author Topic: National OzSTOC Meeting Discussions...  (Read 14900 times)

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
National OzSTOC Meeting Discussions...
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »
I am currently planning a Nationwide OzSTOC Meeting for all of us who love to ride, and particularly - the Honda ST.
Discussions are welcome below.

Please acknowledge that I have to make general plans and can't cater to everyone's wishes.

Basically there will be a set place to meet for a 'Ride in, meet greet & eat, stay the night (speaking copius amounts of BS), and ride out the next day' scenario.

Of course, people can arrive earlier and leave later to incorporate more of a holiday.

At this point, the location is:- (drum roll.....)

Blackheath Glen Tourist Park
Phone: 02 4787 8101
Email: blkheath@tpg.com.au
Address: 67-69 Prince Edward St, Blackheath NSW 2785. 

There is also the world's steepest railway, the 1000ft scenic cable car, the Three Sisters, and, for the more adventurous, hiking and the Jenolan Caves.

The roads in and out are quite scenic and fun too. (If possible - be sure to use the Putty Road  and/or the Snowy Mtns Highway to get there!

This is a starting point and as central as possible.

The location will change each year so that you may have a smaller ride one year and a larger the next. Don't forget your OzSTOC Clobber!

Let the discussions begin.

Cheers, Diesel

****************************************************************************************
Streak says:

let the brain storming begin, think of the days off we can take....the rides we can plan.....tipping all those corners, and of course the group photo to splash around!
--

Streak (Graham)
Australian St Owners Group
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100
"Live Free, Live Simple, Live on Two Wheels"

****************************************************************************************
Rodd says:

Right time of the year for me (not on rotating shifts til june), so possible although a bit of a ride for me.

Tony says:

The Ulysses agm is two weeks before at Mildura. We have booked a week there staying on a houseboat on the Murray river. I go back to work on the 7th April so hopefully I will be on days off when this is on so I can go. Its somewhere I havent been
--

Experience Trumps Assumption 

OzStoc # ? / Ulysses # 54436 / 000riders.com.au

Terry says:

Sounds good. If I'm not up North in a Mine somewhere its a goer

--
Family, Riding Bikes, Fine Ladies, Rockabilly, Tattoos, T-shirts and jeans. Aint it a blessing to be able to do what you want to do

STRay says:

Sounds good, work  (4 letter word!) permitting I will make the trip from W.A. Good excuse to get a couple of IBA rides in.
--
Ray

ST1100PT

FarRider #110

IBA#  39079

Patriot-blue says:

Sounds do-able, surely the 'boss' will give me a week or two off work

Kevin
--
Kevin (Tas)

I'm not a total idiot, there are a few parts missing.

Terry says:

Sounds good. If I'm not up North in a Mine somewhere its a goer

--
Family, Riding Bikes, Fine Ladies, Rockabilly, Tattoos, T-shirts and jeans. Aint it a blessing to be able to do what you want to do

Saaz says:

I will be in if I can for sure. Nice part of the world, and some interesting ways to get there

Wal says:

Sounds like a great plane we will pencil it in with ink, Will be good to meet a few Ozstocers.
--

Paul T says:

grew up there, 50,0000 s miles of back yard, brilliant bush walks, roads are a bit clogged now, sundays afternoon east particularily

Blueheeler55 says:

Count me in - it's not far to there for me:) and it'll be great to put faces to names
--
 I ride what I like and love what I ride

OzRider says:

On the radar

--
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride my motorsickle"

FarRider # 349

IBA # 47578

Ulysees # 57803

Down Under says:

You couldn't make it a bit closer.....that means I'll have to ride at least an hour to get there! 
--

Streak says:

Dont Forget to get your shoes on and make your plans for next year! We have already booked our time off, already cant wait.

Below is the link to the facebook Event if you wanted to tick the Attending box!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=269448593069032

--

Streak (Graham)
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100

Tipsy says:

oh Boy Done like a Dinner
            In Like Flynn
            Ripper Dipper
Guesssssss I will be there as long as I am Still Breathin
Laurie (Tipsy)
--
Still Breathing

Marcus1974 says:

Sounds interesting...The wife's birthday on April 16. hmmm.
Anyone from Vic going?
--

Scarp says:

Hmmm a long way from here I'll have to check the calendar would be definately fun

Streak says:

heck yes we are hoping for a big turnout! as many on deck as possible!
--

Streak (Graham)
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100

Paul says:

I'll turn up for this it's only an hour for me.
Paul

Scarp says:

Easter is the week before, so I rekon if I leave Easter Sat that gives me a week to mosey along over visit some relo's on the way spend a couple of days at OZSTOC another week to get home so almost 3 weeks away on the ST for the cost of 10 days leave definatley doable now to see if I can book the hols off
--
Noel 2008 ST1300A

FarRider #431

Barry & Marissa says:

For some weird resaon I thought this was planned for November this year, and clicked "no" button on the Facebook link. April is good though, so I should be able to make it. Katoomba is a lovely area!
--
Barry and Marissa
ST1300 with lots of BMW Farkles

Streak says:

Well go back and click yes Barry!
--

Streak (Graham)
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100

Kevin (Tas) says:

Do we assume that these dates are now locked in concrete...I need to put in for my leave ?
Cheers
--
Kevin (Tas)

Diesel says:

Yep - lock it in mate.
Nice avatar pic btw as well Kev.     
--
If you're not living on the edge..... you're taking up too much space!

Kevin (Tas) says:

Just be aware that this is smack in the Easter Holiday season
--
Kevin (Tas)

Marcus1974 says:

Kevin. Pick me up on the way through. I've sweet talked the wife and I'm all set to go...looking forward to it. I'll have my GPS by then and the GoPro all charged up to get the great footage of us all...
--

Streak says:

we are planning on getting there the friday ourselves, going to take a couple of days to get there and enjoy the country side
--

Streak (Graham)
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100

Kevin (Tas) says:

Sounds good to me...i'll be on leave...not sure about how busy the ferry will around this time, as it will be easter...

Cheers
--
Kevin (Tas)

Marcus1974 says:

Is there any contact info for the Caravan Park? So I can book now and get in before the easter rush?
--

Diesel says:

Katoomba Falls Caravan Park
Katoomba Falls Road, Katoomba NSW 2780
(02) 4782 1835     
--

Marcus1974 says:

I need some specifics...At this point it's for the 14th until when?
I'm thinking about Booking the 13th 14th 15th...
Is this what others are doing?
--

Streak says:

We are all looking at the specifics, teela and i are looking at the 2 to 3 day mark as well, make a decent trip out of it
--

Streak (Graham)
www.ozstoc.com
Black 1996 ST1100

saaz says:

I am planning to be there the Sat and Sun nights, so will be free on Sunday to do rides or join people going back for a while.
--
1996 ST1100 police model

Ozstoc #? Farrider # 461 STOC #7239

Diesel says:

There are no specifics - other than we all meet at the caravan park on the 14th. Everyone comes and goes as they please. It is relaxed and laid back.
I'll be getting there around 11am, and leaving the park around lunch time on Sunday (after checking out the cable car, three sisters etc. Everyone is welcome to join in - maybe we can have a little tour around the Blue Mtns - we'll see as it gets closer.
--

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:01:21 PM by Streak »
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Re: National OzSTOC Meeting Discussions...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »
We are working with Blue Mountains Ulysses to help us plan a ride for the Saturday for us all :) there is going to be lots of attractions within walking distance of the Caravan Park.

Keep in mind this is the first one we have ever done, so we are crawling before we can walk in organizing this :)
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
Okay - latest news is...Streak was talking with the caravan park owner (correct me if I'm wrong, or there's anything to add), but, looks like we can get a group booking discount.

He has 9 cabins left at this stage for that weekend - sooooo

If you'd like to be part of this weekend, can you pls quote and reply this list, adding youR name to the bottom of it - so we can see a show of numbers, and what days you will be staying for?

DIESEL              FRI-SAT NIGHTS
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »

STREAK +1        FRI-SAT NIGHTS
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »

STRINGO (Possible +1, mate is picking up a 1100 Wednesday) FRI-SAT, POSSIBLY SUN NIGHT (shotgun a cabin)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:25:39 PM by Marcus »

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »

STRINGO (Possible +1, mate is picking up a 1100 Wednesday) FRI-SAT, POSSIBLY SUN NIGHT (shotgun a cabin)
Kev (Tas)         Fri-Sat nights
Peter (Blueheeler) Fri-Sat nights
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:58:11 PM by blueheeler55 »
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »
I'm still working out whether I'll get there but i'll be tenting it anyway how are they for camping sites?
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
I'm still working out whether I'll get there but i'll be tenting it anyway how are they for camping sites?

They have plenty of powered and unpowered camping sites
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:44:12 AM »

Kev (Tas)           Fri-Sat nights
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
Saaz                Sat-Sun nights cabin booked but may be full

I will see off those going the most interesting way northish so I can loop back to stay sunday
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

John Meara

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »
Hi people,
A remote chance I could make this, but it would have to be down and back in short time. 

Catherine and I are departing Brisbane on the ST with another couple on March 8th for 3 day ride to Melbourne, then around Tassie for 2 weeks, then a week in Mildurra for the Ulysses AGM, then home via Lightning Ridge by Easter.  So assuming the bike is okay to run again (not needing any major work after the holiday of 6,000km), then a run to western Sydney region over a weekend (one-up) is doable  ;)

trouble is it will have to be last minute decision  :(
Will keep in touch.
Cheers
John

Offline Marcus

• RTE Coordinator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »
Hi people,
A remote chance I could make this, but it would have to be down and back in short time. 

Hey John, if you come I'll give you the privilege of allowing you to wire up my GPS for me? how's that for incentive... :D

BTW guys, I'm booking accommodation right now...  Edit...No I'm not...Waiting to hear back from Streak as the phone call I had with the Park didn't sound promising.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:21:10 AM by Marcus »

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »
After a ride of 6000Ks, the bike will only just be warming up  :)
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »
Hi Gents,
              To just keep everyone informed with what we are doing for accomodation, i have been speaking the manager of the two caravan parks at Katoomba, and i have sent him the following email:

"Thank you for your time on the phone this morning.

What we are is a Social Motorcycle Group called OzSTOC, it means Australian ST Owners Group, We all ride motorcycles made by Honda and they are the ST1100 & ST1300.

We are planning a National Get together on the 14th & 15th of April 2012, we are looking at having between 25 to 30 people attending with some wanting camping, some Shared Accommodation, and some will want their own cabin. we are very flexible with what you can propose to us in group booking rates, Ideally we would like to be all at the one site, as we are also organizing a couple of short rides, as well as we are looking to organize Lunch and dinner (if you had any recommendations we are all ears)

We are a social group, not a party group, our members are either business owners or industry professionals, we all just share a passion for a particular motorcycle.

our website is http://www.ozstoc.com I have also attached a couple of pictures of some of our members from Queensland and Western Australia.

I look forward to your response, you can either email myself, or phone"

Once i have a response on the various rates for the Park I will be posting what the next move is.
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »
OK Looks like i better book my tent site soon
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
Saaz                Sat-Sun nights cabin booked but may be full
Laurie (Tipsy)  Fri & Sat

I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »
here is the reply i just got from the Caravan Park:

Hi Graham,

Thank you for contacting our Katoomba Falls Tourist Park in relation to your proposed visit to the area in April 2012.

The Katoomba Park is a small Park, but an extremely busy one and April is one of the busiest times of the year with the Park running at maximum capacity.  It has many international tourists travelling in and out in motor homes and as a general rule has smaller sites. Due to the nature of the month we would be unable to offer any discounted rates at the Katoomba Falls Park.

We would like to make a recommendation to your group to consider staying at the Blackheath Glen Tourist Park which is a short 10-15 minute drive/ride from Katoomba. 

Blackheath Glen is situated in a beautiful location, is close to Govetts Leap and the Megalong Valley (great for riding).  It is a much larger Park with a more relaxed feel and setting and we find more suited to groups.  It is still a peak period; however we would be happy to offer your group a 10% discount for sites and/or cabins at this Park.  We are also planning for new cabins and “fingers crossed” they will be in place in April.  We are unable to offer much information pertaining to them at this stage, so I will quote for the cabins that we currently have that will definitely be in place and should you wish to proceed with bookings we can advise you of information as it comes to hand regarding new facilities.

Katoomba Falls Tourist Park Rates
Medium Cabin
$113.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $15.00 per person per night.
Double bed with all linen supplied.  One set of single bunk beds in separate room.  Bedding/linen hire available for the bunk beds for $10 per bed.
Bathroom and Kitchen facilities

Larger Cabin
$123.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $15.00 per person per night.
Double bed in master bedroom with all linen supplied.  Double bed with single bunk bed in second bedroom.  Bedding/linen hire available for the bunk beds for $10 per bed.
Bathroom and Kitchen facilities

Powered sites – concrete slabs
$45.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $12.00 per person per night.

Non powered sites – grassy
$37.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $12.00 per person per night.

Blackheath Glen Tourist Park (a 10% discount would apply to the rates listed below)
Ensuite Cabin
$120.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $15.00 per person per night.
Double bed in master bedroom with all linen supplied.  Single bunk beds in separate area with bedding/linen hire available for $10 per bed.
Bathroom, Kitchen, Reverse Cycle Air conditioners, Decking area

Ensuite sites – concrete slabs
$56.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $12.00 per person per night.

Powered sites – concrete slabs or grassy sites
$45.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $12.00 per person per night.

Non powered sites – grassy
$37.00 per night for two people.  Additional adults - $12.00 per person per night.

We would be happy to assist with suggestions for places to eat, but will wait until you advise whether you have a preference for one or the other Park to enable us to advise you accordingly.

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Marcus

• RTE Coordinator
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
Humm, so which one? I'm assuming they don't want us at the first park So I'd imagine Blackheath Glen would be the one to go for.
Once the decision has been made. Let us know so I can book a cabin

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 08:08:30 PM »
So? Has there been any progress on which site we are going to be using?
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
So? Has there been any progress on which site we are going to be using?

I am under the hammer at work this week, I am taking some time nextvweek to iron a few things out, sorry this is taking time guys, trying to fit it in with work :) as usual

But yes the second park blackheath is the one that we will go with, just hold off booking till next week so I can confirm discounts and details
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:49:20 PM by Streak »
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
All good  no hurry (you could always move it to Perth)  :wink1
FR# 431
IBA# 60317