Author Topic: New tyres arrived today  (Read 10366 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
New tyres arrived today
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
The tyres that I had ordered from Jake Wilson in the States arrived today.

I ordered them late afternoon on Friday 4th November and they arrived today Tuesday 15th November . Thats only about 7 working days.................not too bad me thinks! They arrived in good condition exactly as ordered, now I just
need to have the rear tyre fitted, and store the other 2 away for future use.

I'm still intending to purchase tyre fitting equipment down the line but not right now. I have a boat and motor sitting in my garage that hasn't been in the water for almost 2 years, the motor, 90hp Yamaha has only got 3 hours on it. I brought the
boat with the intention of teaching my boys to water ski, but the interest just isn't there, unfortunately...............so I'm going to sell it.......all going well.

Then I'll look at making better use of the money, like tyre fitting equipment, Garmin Zumo (maybe) etc etc.
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Re: New tyres arrived today
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
So what did you get in the end?  The ST13 has a few more options than the ST11.  last time I tried Jake Wilson some brands were blocked from being sent here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:10:22 PM by saaz »
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
I brought a rear wheel Dunlop Roadsmart Sportmax to match the Dunlop I already have on the front. I got 17,500kl from the one I've just taken off.
Also brought a set (front & back) Michelin Pilot Road 2s for future use. I thought I'd like to try them next time around because of all the good comments other members have posted about them.

So what did you get in the end?  The ST13 has a few more options than the ST11.  last time I tried Jake Wilson some brands were blocked from being sent here.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:13:11 PM by Couch »
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »
The Michelins were blocked from being sent to Australia a while back. Hope they are again available for shipping next time I am looking for tyres.
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »
That's interesting Saaz...............I wonder why they were blocked?? 

There was no indication on their website about anything being blocked, and they're sitting in my garage right at the moment so they're certainly available now!!

The Michelins were blocked from being sent to Australia a while back. Hope they are again available for shipping next time I am looking for tyres.

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »
Interesting, as when I tried a month or two ago at the checkout it said that some of the items could not be shipped to Australia (seems the tyre companies got in their ear and tried to enforce some sort of contractual arrangement to prevent parallel imports).  Great news if that is not happening now!  Pirelli and metzler were also affected, but the Pilot Roads are the only ones I am interested in
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline IanB

• Trundler
Maybe a record, maybe just too slow
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »
Just rechecked my log book after talking to deisel. My PR2's went on 9/4/10 at Springwood with 53618 writ next to it. Definitely need to check the speedo and trip meters, think they are broken becaue it now reads 80757 and just abt to pass through the wear indicators after the last couple of weeks.
Now have a flat middle and sides \_/ .
Used to be able to put a curve back on them by hitting the winding corners hard but not this time. You drop of the centre then drop of the side before getting buckled over. Doesn't feel very stable.
Wonder what the next set will bring. Not going up to the PR3's.
Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity.