Author Topic: Wet Weather Gear  (Read 10013 times)

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Wet Weather Gear
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
 :thumb
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline winston66

• Legendary Member
  • 1996 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ13, 2003 ST 1300,others
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »
  Winston66    :rd13 :hatwave :hatwave :runyay

When I was a kid in NZ, and riding my triumph tiger 500 twin to work every day the winter weather was so cold and wet, and all this fancy wet weather gear was not available, I could not have afforded it anyway, my way out of getting wet and cold was.

I purchased an ex ww2 army greatcoat from the army surplase  shop and put it reversed over the seat with the split at the back down to the foot pegs, in use I would just lift it up by the colar, sit on the bike and then just drape it arround me,
 the bottom of the coat hung down far enough to cover my shoes ,
 They never got wet and during the day if it rained the coat covering the seat kept it perfectly dry.
  This system worked for me for 3 or 4 years.

Cheers ,  winston66

:rd13 :hatwave :runyay :beer
winston66 Northampton
Ulysses #56870
Current Rides,
1996 Yamaha XVZ 1300 Royal Star,
2003 ST 1300 A (red)
Mazda Miata MX5 Turboed 14 sec.
2006 ST 1300 ABS Ex Police (white)
Honda CT 110 Postie, (Being rebuilt)

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
The plastic bags over your socks works well, and Dave's use of  bags over your boots to get into your wet weather pants is a great idea and one I've used in the past too. That was after I put me foot through the side of a pair going to Cooma many years ago.  I reckon they'd still be in the long grass beside the road  :||||
That was the start of a very wet weekend, and to add insult to injury, I had a spill going down a wet splippery muddy road track to a mates property just out of Bega. Worse than that the bugger was on the other side of the gully laughin his head off  :cuss
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline Down Under

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »

+1 for cheap plastic rain gear!

If money was no object I'd like to sport myself some gore-tex riding gear, something from Tiger Angel or Aerostitch would do the trick.  You'd save a bit of space by not having to carry your wet weather gear at all.

Offline Mitch

• Legendary Member
  • Mitch
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »
      Went for a trip down to Naxsax in Bunbury today, met the owner George a bike rider himself.   :thumbs 
  he's off to to the Ulysses AGM in Mildura  shortly, so if any of you guys are going there he will have the Naxsax there.
      While Marg :-++  And I were enjoying a coffee George made for us we tried the Naxsax on. Marg's  :-++ medium size fitted her well,
  What she liked was the amount of room for her knees when she sat down, the Naxsax didn't ride up away from her boots at all, a
  problem she hates with normal wet weather pants.  >:(
      I tried on the larger size ( being  wellbuilt  :eat 6' 105 kg ). They fitted, just' but were a bit tight around my sunken chest.
  George  said  he can get them made larger in the waist, but it costs $40 dollars extra. They sew in a V section in each side of
  the waist  then  heatseal the new seams, takes 3 days longer for the larger orders. So I ordered a large, 36 to 46 instead of the
  normal large 32 to 42, he can get them done a lot larger than that if need be.
      All in all the Naxsax seemed to be a nice bit of gear, Marg  :-++  approved the the workmanship and design enough to get a
  pair for herself, and my larger pair should arrive by post next week, well in time for my trip over East where I will surely need them.  :grin :grin :grin
                                         :blk13
2016 KTM1290 Super Adventure
2018 HONDA NC750X

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »
Gents,
I read the various post about Naxsax, and am interested to hear the outcome of Tipsy trying Peter's pair on. I also saw the post from Mitch saying that they can be manufactured bigger. My problem is that I'm 6' 3" tall and have a 125cm waist (yes, I know, BIG!) so getting stuff like this seems to a very tedious business. Can  someone let me know the outcome of the experiment, or can the people who make them make them big enough for me?

Cheers
Whizz
 :13Candy
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
I can get rain gear up to about the 150cm range in hi vis or navy depending on the colour you like through my shop

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:47:24 PM by Streak »
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63