General Category > Active Polls

Fuel economy poll ST1300s

(1/2) > >>

Sim:
OK this for me is interesting. My trip computer (->average fuel consumption) moves very-very slowly.   :crazy I think back to my recent trip to SA from TAS and back which was over 4000km and the best the average got up to was 17.4 km/l (with PLENTY of highway mode). This seems pretty strange as i also commute every day and it slowly-slowly drops (now 17.2 km/l). Does anyone know how the average is calculated on the ST1300 trip computer?  :think1
 :blu13

Sim:
Hey Kev, your FAST on the uptake - had only finished typing - take a look - MPG in there now :think1

Brock:
The computer is probably using the instataneous fuel usage/min and Ks per min to work out the Ks per litre. You could always do as I do, and use the old paper record system (spread sheet actually)

If you want, I can post my spread sheet, all you havw to do is put in your distace traveled, the date and the cost of the fuel. The spread sheet will give you average cost, fuel usage, distance traveled, MPG (US and Imperial), Ks/L, L/100 Ks, Ks/$ and expected range from full tank and to the reserve indication

Biggles:
Average: 17.906 taken over 39 refuellings and ranging from 14.65 up to my best at 21.42.
Median 18.15 km.litre.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: supasim1 on March 11, 2012, 05:49:44 PM ---OK this for me is interesting. My trip computer (->average fuel consumption) moves very-very slowly.   :crazy I think back to my recent trip to SA from TAS and back which was over 4000km and the best the average got up to was 17.4 km/l (with PLENTY of highway mode). This seems pretty strange as i also commute every day and it slowly-slowly drops (now 17.2 km/l). Does anyone know how the average is calculated on the ST1300 trip computer?  :think1
 :blu13

--- End quote ---

It'd quite possible your getting an average fuel consumption based on total fuel used over total distance travelled.
I get this on my Territory but I can also get a current usage figure which varies by the second or more (theres other info as well but not relevent to this). The car trip computer can all be reset to zero, not sure if you can do that on the 1300 as I have the 1100.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version