General Category > Active Polls

Tire mileage

(1/7) > >>

spanner:
So.......how many kilometres do you manage to scrape out of your tires?

Sicman:
20 K out of set of PR3's. On a set of Pr4's now to see how they go for longevity. They are great in the wet  :clap

alans1100:
When I bought The PR3s (on special run out price) I expected an improvement over the Bridgestones. The rear one has just done a couple hundred over 7,000km after todays run and might make 8 or 9,000km. It's maybe more due to towing the trailer as it's the softer side compound that's worn rather than the centre tread.

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on June 26, 2016, 12:00:32 AM ---When I bought The PR3s (on special run out price) I expected an improvement over the Bridgestones. The rear one has just done a couple hundred over 7,000km after todays run and might make 8 or 9,000km. It's maybe more due to towing the trailer as it's the softer side compound that's worn rather than the centre tread.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps it's low tyre pressures that are contributing to the side wear.   Since you tow and ride mostly two-up, my unsolicited advice would be to run them at at least 44psi.

Sicman:
yep - Petes right - 46-48 would be better for two up with trailer and gear  :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version