General Category > Members Health & Wellbeing

Bad news for Shiney

(1/23) > >>

Shiney:
A couple of weeks ago I developed a sore neck so I went to the doc and he reckoned it was swelling so gave me painkillers and put me on a course of acupuncture. (This didn't really fix me up)

About a week ago I was using my right arm to push myself up out of bed and was struck by a pain through the shoulder into the base of my neck (OUCH) :eek
Ever since then I have had intermittent pain shooting through my shoulder and right arm (quite painful and can be brought on by any movement I make even just walking :||||)
Oh and the neck pain has also gotten worse :fp

So the doc sent me to get an MRI (I only just fit in the damn little tube >:())
Anyway the results have come in...

Large Syringohydromyelia at C6/7

(Syringohydromyelia is a disorder in which a cyst or cavity forms within the spinal cord. This cyst, called a syrinx, can expand and elongate over time, destroying the spinal cord. The damage may result in pain, paralysis, weakness, and stiffness in the back, shoulders, and extremities.)

The doc has referred me to a neurosurgeon at the Hospital and I am waiting to hear from them :well :well :well

So as a result of this I'm not riding the bike (Well I have ridden twice during these 2 weeks, just down the road and back... So hard to stop riding :'() and I'm off work until this is fixed.

Anyway I just thought I'd let my OzSTOC family know whats going on with me and why I won't be seen out on the bike for a while.

Cheers
Shiney

Brock:
Now thats just not on.

One hopes that the witch doctors fix you soon, after all cant have you not riding.

Shiney:

--- Quote from: Brock on July 30, 2016, 10:17:15 PM ---Now thats just not on.

One hopes that the witch doctors fix you soon, after all cant have you not riding.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly  :thumbsup

Sabie:
Oh no Shiney..... Please be OK, I hope all will be well, fingers crossed for good news and positive thoughts sent your way big time.......

Shiney:

--- Quote from: Sabie on July 30, 2016, 10:32:12 PM ---Oh no Shiney..... Please be OK, I hope all will be well, fingers crossed for good news and positive thoughts sent your way big time.......

--- End quote ---

Thanks mate :hatwave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version