Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 Tools and Handy Gadgets

Tyre Pressure Monitors

<< < (3/3)

johnnyYTED:
 :dred11  :slvr13
 Onesie's MY Grey ST1300 has tyre pressure monitors on it and today when I moved it back inside the GPS told me the front tyre was low. so I checked it at 39psi and I pumped it back up to 42,.. :thumb
When I firST rode it,it told me the rear monitor's battery was flat. So I told Onesie. :grin
I have never had tyre monitors before so they're a new experience for me..  :eek  ;-*

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Brock on November 01, 2016, 07:14:38 PM ---Here is a little spreadsheet that shows the relationship of pressure to temp that I worked out some time ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf6eb77gf3je4b9/Tyre%20Pressure%20for%20temp.xls?dl=0

--- End quote ---

I'll say thanks, as it looks like a lot of time and effort went into the spreadsheet, but ........ I don't understand it.

So, please explain .....

Brock:
It shows for example in the winter column, that with a starting temp of 15C, and the tyre pressure at 42 PSI , that as you travel and the tyre temp rises so does the tyre pressure. This is why you check your tyre cold, never reduce the pressure of a hot tyre.

tding:
Never fit cap style pressure monitors to rubber valve stems as the extra weight when exposed to the centrifugal forces of spinning at Hwy speeds can bend the rubber stems to bend over and possibly fail resulting in rapid deflation of the tyre.
 :blu13       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version