General Category > Active Polls

brake pad mileage

(1/2) > >>

spanner:
so I know peoples pads wear out at different times for the front and the rear but I ..... and maybe some of you .... change both set of pads at the same time so what is the average for your pads at change over.

funnily enough my rear pads wear out much faster than my fronts.

Wild Rose:
I have 42,000km on my ST1300 and the rear is just about worn out but the front still has unite a bit left
But I will change them at the same time  :thumbsup

alans1100:
My last set of pads lasted about 32,000km but nowhere near the 60,000km from previous OEM ones. A change in conditions being the main difference.

Both front and rear pads changed at the same time as recommended in the manual for the combined brakes.

spanner:
How did you get 60K kms on the OEMs?

What was the main difference in conditions?

alans1100:

--- Quote from: spanner on January 30, 2017, 12:29:26 PM ---How did you get 60K kms on the OEMs?

What was the main difference in conditions?

--- End quote ---
Lots of Km with very little braking and I now ride more two up and more trailer usage. Even though we can still ride 300km from here and rarely touch the brakes.

Two sets of pads each had two 8000km (Adelaide to Port Hedland/Karratha) return trips on mainly open road and toss in a couple 3200km return trips from Karratha to Perth and the pad km life extends compared to one who rides constantly in a city or hills area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version