Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

Michelin Road 5 (PR5) for ST1300

(1/6) > >>

BigTed:
FYI - I asked Michelin Oz the other day about availability of both front and rear Road 5 (previously known as the Pilot Road PR) in the "GT" spece for the ST1300. While not really oozing confidence, their response was "GT will be available in January 2019 according to the current planning."

alans1100:
So far they're only available in 17 inch wheels which means nothing for either the 1100 or 1300.

Michelin website only shows the PR4 GT for the 1300 which will also fit the 1100 if you don't mind using a 1300 rear.

https://www.mcas.com.au/shop/item/michelin-pilot-road-5-tyres-04?gclid=CjwKCAjwgr3ZBRAAEiwAGVssnRyv9rLkoIsCdjw7s-CSCae_Q4AYDB3W1h9l9wTLYReSoHz85uUmZBoCt08QAvD_BwE

Diesel:
Anyone been running 5s for a while? Thoughts?

Cheers, Diesel

Langers:
I put a new PR5 on the rear in February and have since done 13,422km and the wear bars suggest it should be replaced. The wear bars are well off centre and the centre line looks ok but it is hard to judge. It seems the side rubber is a bit too soft. They are very good in corners but I don't push it by any stretch.

Tyre pressures I run are 44 rear and 42 front

The front tyre is PR5 but its only been on for 3,000km. I don't like it as much as the PR4 it replaced (I got 17,000km on that one and replaced it probably a couple of thousand kilometres early but I was taking Julie to Border Village so I wasn't going to take any chances). The reason I don't like it is I get a buzzing sort of sensation from the front tyre, almost as though the tread gaps/sipes (I think that's the term) are too wide.

If I could go back to PR4, I would but I don't think that's an option anymore. I'm going to try another brand I think unless I can be convinced that 13,000km is reasonable for a heavy touring motorcycle.

StinkyPete:
My mate with a an R1200RT has been running Road 5's.    Tyre is wearing quite quickly, and the across the surface of the rear the change in compound is very obvious with more tearing of the tyre in the softer compounds.   

You may wish to try Pirelli Angel GTa which is giving me reasonable life on the Bimmer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version