General Category > Active Polls

COVID -19 Poll.

<< < (5/5)

Rod:
No real change in lifestyle, more of adapting to the new ''rules'' for a while, but it did mean we cancelled our trip to England at the last minute so still have not met our newest grandchild which has ben a shame because he's now just oveer three months old.

ppopeye:
Chris and I were going a bit stir crazy for a few weeks but we have got used to it. I have been up and down a bit. Getting frustrated and annoyed by smaller issues than would be usual. Had a tough week following the accidents in Vic and SA involving police members. Managed to get through that by having phone chats with the right people.

Our super has taken a hit but as we are spending less as most people are, we have been able to balance it out by withdrawing a bit less for a while. Its amazing what not going to the service station and Bunnings is saving.  I expect it will pick up slowly over 12 months.

Missing family and friends but I have a list going to keep a record of people I message or phone and I try and do a couple each day. So I am catching up with a few almost lost friends. Have been trying to do jobs around home and realised that I havent been doing some of the usual things like checking the forum etc.

I agree with a lot of the comments about missing riding or travelling, camping etc. It looks like the shackles may be loosening soon. Although Vic may be the slowest to take them off.

Unfortunately if the Rally happens in March it would just happen that the annual pilgrimage to Mallacoota has been deferred to March 2020.  It was good we cancelled the Christmas/. New Year holiday last year As Chris would not have coped well with smoke from the fires down there.

Really looking forward to catching up with many OzStocers over the next few months. Stay safe everyone and keep your chin up.

Gadget:
Well I'm still working from home 5 days per week. My workplace is still very keen for those of us who can work from home to continue to do so.

Shonee is back at work in the small office (less than 20 staff, own office) 5 days a week.

The Super value has rebounded a bit, but not back to where it was.

I'm finally getting the new tyres on the car, and it is just overdue for a service on distance.

So I'm sitting here as I write this, having lunch at an outdoor cafe for the 1st time in over 3 months.

I had to pick up my new security ID from work last week, so I rode in on Aragog, and I was one of about 12 people in an office area built for about 300. Only 3 of us in the wrong on my floor.

Looking forward to getting back on the road, don't miss the office, and think I could be really well suited to retirement.

Looking to see if I can volunteer in hospitals looking after premi babies when I retire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ruSTynutz:
Sue's just been informed (regarding her part time job) that she'll most likely be working from home until the end of the year... :thumbs

I think she's quite happy about that as she can sit in her dressing gown and work if she wants to...lol.
Upside of it all is we're saving a bit on petrol not having to drive to work...
Downside is, we're using the heater & kettle plus running computers & monitors a lot more which is upping the electricity bill.
Oh, and I'm not getting my "quiet time" like before...unless of course I drag out the mighty ST for a ride... :whistle

As for her Driving School...even though some instructors have started back up again, Sue is still a bit hesitant as it's impossible to social distance in a car and with her compromised immune system we are obviously a bit wary of jumping back in too soon...  Wot thuh

Cressida:
It hasn't affected my family as much as many due to us being on Veterans pension. However with teenage kids at home and every console, TV, stereo and computer running overtime the power increases exponentially.

As my wife would has always had enough food too cover the next Zombie apocalypse. So daily items like Milk and Bread and Gluten free food for daughter Celiac, were only reason for leaving house. Stayed away from shopping centre  as much as possible. Toilet paper was one of the main problems, so wife went and bought two industrial dispensers when shortage first started, and 4 Rolls (i mounted them in both toilets and wouldn't have anything else now, as they can be purchased in very soft 2 ply).

The biggest problem was the kids not being allowed out to see friends, yet many others were still ignoring social distancing, and going to parties etc.

I am just glad that we can start going out again, and Covid 19 is on the decrease.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version