General Category > Active Polls

COVID -19 Poll.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Biggles:
Like others, lack of activities to spend money on has meant savings.  We've entertained a few couples at home (when that became legal) so the grocery bill went up a little bit.  But we didn't need to buy thousands of rolls of toilet paper, so that was a saving others didn't enjoy.  One frustration has been seeing petrol well below $1 and not being able to burn much of it.
Our daughter is hyper-cautious about everything, so there haven't been any visits from the grandies, however we were permitted to visit them- always outside on the deck and always minimum 1.5 metres apart.
I've done a lot of very involved word puzzles and Mrs Biggles has been cooking stuff to give to people as "comfort packs".  The latter has given me a few excuses to ride across the district delivering stuff, always with an excuse up the sleeve to tell Plod should I be accused of the felony of riding. 

Mitch:
Lost some money with super.  :eek
Saving some money on premium fuel,
first time I can remember I paid less in $ than I used in Lts. :thumbsup

West Aussie Glen:
I am definitely financially better off mainly because of limited travel.
Theresa has now picked up a few days relief teaching due to what is happening at schools.

Tonight I should be in Hay on the Goldwing on my way to the Loaded Dog Rally in Tarago, then the Ulysses AGM in Lismore and capped off by a gathering if Indian bikes in Silverton. . This was to be a 7,000km+ road trip over 18 days that would have seen the Goldwing left in Victor Harbor ready to include the Border Run on the home leg. Also has meant that Bodo's old rally tee shirts are still in Perth and I have had to post some ST1300 parts to SA instead of being able to deliver them.

I can't remember when I last went to a petrol station.

I have lost a little in pre booked accommodation charges but I would have spent that anyway.
Most of my airfares are being refunded just not the credit card charge.

My long term plan to convert my back yard from a sandpit to a functional out door area has progressed in leaps and bounds.
There has also been progress with several other jobs that have been on the I can always do it tomorrow list.

Theresa is missing her Friday's working (socializing) at the Save The Children Op Shop and Saturday afternoon volunteering at the Kings Park Nursery

I do feel for the many who are under financial pressure due the this virus one reason I will be out and about when restrictions are lifted.

While the government is working hard at helping those it has done some strange things.
My widowed neighbour runs a family day care centre from home. To the best of my knowledge the federal government's free day care policy has meant that her wages have halved, she didn't get paid by the government in April, mothers on maternity leave are getting free day care and parents who had subsidised day care while travelling to and at work (say taking 10 hrs (8 + 2))m are now getting free day care for the 10 hours even though they are working from home for 8. I think something was lost in the fine print.

ruSTynutz:
We're lucky compared to some... :thumbs
While Sue has had to shut down her Driving School business, we're coping okay as her part time job with the local shire has still continued.
That and my pension is keeping our heads above water and is managing to keep us supplied with necessities such as chocolate...  :rofl

StinkyPete:
We are missing seeing family and our wide circle of friends, and the occasional Zoom conference just doesn't cut it when we all need a hug.   We are saving mainly due to less travel, and have been doing more reading, gardening and tinkering in the shed, and persuing other inside hobbies.   I am desparately hanging out to go for some decent interstate rides, a fishing holiday, and to sit around a camp fire by the river.    The cynic in my says that as soon as travel bans are lifted, fuel prices will rise, but I did get a 15% refund on my car insurance premiums, offered by Youii to compensate for reduced car use.
We have sufficient toilet paper at home, and stocks on our local shelves seems to be returning.  I do see people becoming generally germaphobic, and seven days with no new cases in SA is encouraging.   We have not been able to visit relos in a nursing home, but that restriction is being eased next week, with temp checks and evidence of a 2020 flu shot being needed before a brief visit.
Overall we are doing OK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version