Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

Location and access to HISS programming port what Tupperware to remove

(1/2) > >>

Mark WA:
I recently found my self in need of new set of keys (long story short - someone tried to steal the bike busted up their tool and part of the lock which caused my last key to crack... it still works but paranoid about it snapping)

As this is the last spare keys on the HISS I have spoken to Garage Vert ( bike electrical workshop that is sort of kind of local)  who has quoted me a reasonable cost (compared to local Honda dealers) to reset the HISS for new keys. 
However, understandably,  he's going to charge time for removing and replacing what ever Tupperware is needed to get to the HISS programming port...
as such I'm trying to find out where access  is so I can do the fairing work  while he works on other people's bikes (and svae myself a couple hundred dollars

I guess it's somewhere under the upper tank or near the radiator but I've heard there is access to it under the seat (passanger seet right side)... but googling gives mostly stuff for HISS key programming access for VFR and other bikes.
any help greatly appreciated

Brock:
The key can be programmed using a connector under the seat, no platic removal needed. A couple of guys in Joondalup Ulysses have the cable, and know how to do it. All you need is the right key available from ebay..

I'm sure the guys would help you at no charge..

Mark WA:
OK that's good news - so basically do I I just need new blank keys cut keys (I'm pretty sure the HISS unit is at the end of its number of keys) I also understand that the current key transponder can be removed and put in a new key but I only have a single key left at the moment

ruSTynutz:
This "thread" may help....

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=25.0

Brock:
You can get new keys with the transponder chip in them, then with the adapter cable plugged in there is a sequence to follow to program them.

I am going to get hold of a cable so I can make one or two of them. it shouldnt be difficult.

The hard part is getting the keys at a good price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version