General Category > Members Health & Wellbeing

Floods and Unseasonal Weather in 2022

(1/1)

StinkyPete:
Hy heart goes out to those in the eastern states who are impacted by the unseasonal flooding rain.    Here in Adelaide we're having unseasonable wet and cold weather, and we're still lighting fires to heat the house at the end of October.  :fp  Today it's drizzling with rain and cool, and I'm seriously over this dreary weather as it's been a long wet winter, and I'm aching for some sunshing and heat to warm my bones and my soul.    We are going away to the Flinders Ranges for a few days and guess what the forecast is......  cool and raining.....   @#$%&

DaleAP:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on October 25, 2022, 07:56:02 AM ---Hy heart goes out to those in the eastern states who are impacted by the unseasonal flooding rain.   

--- End quote ---

Seconded. And on top of the people being directly affected by the weather events of this year, there are also people like myself in the insurance industry that are trying hard to push through the workload and get claims sorted.

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on October 25, 2022, 07:56:02 AM ---We are going away to the Flinders Ranges for a few days and guess what the forecast is......  cool and raining.....   @#$%&

--- End quote ---

We went there for a couple of days after the NatRally and loved it even though the weather was pretty ordinary.
If you get the chance weatherwise and can also afford it, I recommend doing a scenic flight, we found it fantastic & well worth the money.

We flew with Chinta Air (located right near Rawnsley Park Station) and can certainly recommend them!
The airfield is less than 20 kms from Wilpena Pound Resort and is located right alongside the main road.

https://www.rawnsleypark.com.au/experiences/scenic-flights/

https://goo.gl/maps/izD7jbFyQaVs6Juy6

STroppy:
I’ll second that and also recommend the Rawnsley caravan park, good sites and cabins etc, even a swim pool and their wonderfull restaurant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version