General Category > Members Health & Wellbeing

A very Sad Day19/2/2023

(1/9) > >>

West Aussie Glen:
Sunday morning 19th Feb Lindsay on his new GL1800 and his brother Ken on his recently purchased 2009 GL1800 were travelling west from Ravensthorpe WA.
With CC set they were doing about 108 to 110.
A car with a small U-Haul trailer on it was travelling in the opposite direction.
It appears that the driver lost control crossing on to Lindsay's side of the road and colliding head on with Lindsay.
The car and trailer then took out Ken before rolling over and ending up in the ditch on the side of the road.
I am very sure Ken was killed instantly.
Lindsay was flown to Perth.
I have just come from Royal Perth Hospital having visited Lindsay in ICU.
He was still sedated but has had his right leg amputated above the knee and there is some concern about his spleen.
He will have another operation on his leg tomorrow (Tuesday).
The above is my version off events. I was travelling about 500m to 1km behind Ken.
I looked up to see the car and trailer rolling over off the road and into the ditch.
It was not until I was almost at the car that I become aware of the extent of the incident.
This occurred about 40 kms west of Ravenshorpe at about 8:45 am.
The investigating dective rang me this morning having been on site until 4am today.

Bodø:
I'm speechless but praying Lindsay pulls through.

Brock:
My condolences to Kens family, and best wishes for Lindsays recovery. Lindsay doesnt need this extra burden in his life..

As I said on the phone Glen, if you need to talk give me a call..

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger...

StinkyPete:
Thanks for letting us know Glen.   So sad to hear that Ken died in the accident and condolences to his family.    There are many who will need support, including Lindsay, the car driver, Glen and all of the families of those involved.   Just horrible news.......

Wild Rose:
Sad to hear
RIP Ken
Thinking of you Lindsay. Hope you cope well with the injuries
All the best mate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version