General Category > Members Health & Wellbeing

The Good News

<< < (13/16) > >>

Dragonstaff:
So what happened to the seat and the bags?

EDIT: Read back a page and remembered that they had been stolen.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: West Aussie Glen on July 04, 2023, 07:36:56 PM ---Here it is https://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/6636874/honda-st1300-motorcycle?referringPage=SearchResults

--- End quote ---

Yes, this is the 5th listing.  From memory, this is a summary of the previous four.

1st had a starting bid of $1500, no bids, passed in.

2nd had a starting bid of $1000, I bid $1025, passed in.

3rd had a starting bid of $500, I bid $575, passed in, got a call from Manheim, what's your highest bid?.  Me, $575.  Them, you bid $1025 last week.  Me, that was last week.  No sale.

4th had a starting bid of $500, I bid $825, passed in.

5th starts next Friday at 10:30am.  I would still like to buy it.  I figure the farkles are worth around $1000 to me.  What is it they say about being 5th time lucky?

Bodø:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on May 06, 2023, 08:03:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: ppopeye on May 06, 2023, 03:32:41 PM ---Pay your reg by BPay then there is no fees.

--- End quote ---

The buggers still get at you by charging a "service fee" when you pay your rego by instalments...  :cuss

--- End quote ---

You're beginning to sound like an English cricket fan.  :Stirpot

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Williamson on July 04, 2023, 08:42:45 PM ---5th starts next Friday at 10:30am.  I would still like to buy it.  I figure the farkles are worth around $1000 to me.  What is it they say about being 5th time lucky?

--- End quote ---

Nup. Never heard that saying.  Must be Victorian.  We Banana-benders say third time lucky.
Anyhoo, maybe you'll have to pay $1000 to get the $1000 worth of farkles.  It sounds like that might be as low as they are prepared to go.  With that little amount of interest, you'd think they'd let you have it just to get it off their books!

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Biggles on July 05, 2023, 11:01:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Williamson on July 04, 2023, 08:42:45 PM ---5th starts next Friday at 10:30am.  I would still like to buy it.  I figure the farkles are worth around $1000 to me.  What is it they say about being 5th time lucky?

--- End quote ---

Nup. Never heard that saying.  Must be Victorian.  We Banana-benders say third time lucky.
Anyhoo, maybe you'll have to pay $1000 to get the $1000 worth of farkles.  It sounds like that might be as low as they are prepared to go.  With that little amount of interest, you'd think they'd let you have it just to get it off their books!

--- End quote ---

That was my attempt at humour as I wasn't lucky 3rd time, or 4th time ....

Yeah, $1025 is about my limit, a little more than it's worth to me.   I've also got to take into account transport cost from Moe to Melbourne (about a 280km round trip), trailer hire, my time, a mate's time (his lunch) - this will be over $200.  I've a quote from a motorcycle transport company for $225.  And there's also fees to the auction company - over $200.

If all goes well, I'll be out of pocket for no more than $1400 or $1500, transfer what I need to the new ST1300 and then part out the old ST1300.  I gather from others on here, that can be a slow process.  WAG or others might be along to correct me.

There is also the option of getting the old ST back on the road.  It's a repairable write off, so it is technically possible, but it this viable?  Once (if) I've got in the STs side-by-side garage, assess what's required, runs some $$ through my head, I might know. 

Best case scenario is getting the old ST on the road, keeping it and flipping the new ST.  Is there any stigma associated with a repairable write off after it's passed inspections and has appropriate certificates and registration?  Again, others can chip in here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version