Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 General Questions

Booster plug

(1/2) > >>

Phil Jordan:
Hi all. Was trying to find out if anyone has installed a boosters plug on a 1300. I installed one into  RE650 and found it smoothed out low rev take off?
Awaiting many helpful comments

Brock:
I have never heard of a booster plug, where does it connect and how does it work.

The STs have a pretty flat power curve, and pretty good off the mark..

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Phil Jordan on April 03, 2024, 05:18:24 PM ---Hi all. Was trying to find out if anyone has installed a boosters plug on a 1300. I installed one into  RE650 and found it smoothed out low rev take off?
Awaiting many helpful comments

--- End quote ---

No help from me re. a boosters plug, first I've heard of that terminology in relation to an ST1300.

There was some discussion on here a coupla years back, may be more (someone may be along soon with a link) re. the 1300 engine being not so smooth at low revs, particularly when trying to keep the throttle / revs smooth when corning and also when accelerating out of a corner  Is this something you're trying to resolve?

Brock:
OK, Just looked it up.

I dont think it will have much effect on the ST1300, there are some guys in the states that spent serious dollars (many thousands) trying to improve the performance to no avail. At 170ish US$, its an expensive trial..

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Brock on April 03, 2024, 05:48:45 PM ---OK, Just looked it up.

I dont think it will have much effect on the ST1300, there are some guys in the states that spent serious dollars (many thousands) trying to improve the performance to no avail. At 170ish US$, its an expensive trial..

--- End quote ---

What does it do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version