Honda ST1300 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1300

seat on st

(1/7) > >>

doggy & Nola:
do Sheepskin make a big difference?

StinkyPete:
A decent sheepskin is just one strategy to make the OEM seat a little more comfortable, and yes it does make a difference.    Another tip to improve the OEM seat is to set the front adjustment on the middle setting, and force the rear onto the lowest setting.  This has the effect of tilting the seat back a little and making it sit flatter.   With the sheepskin and the tilt, I no loner feel the need to have the seat reshaped.

Streak:
I have a customs seat on the ST1100, and the sheep skin has completed the picture for me, stops any sliding, and Teela loves it for the added comfort

Poppy Dave:
Yeah, I've found that a sheepskin takes the 'harshness' out of an OEM seat and I agree with 'StinkyPete' on the setting.

Another thing I've found with the sheepskin is that it 'seals' the area/gap between the seat and tank. I used to ride around on the dept 1300 and want to pour a glass of cold water down the front of my jocks (I'm sure you guys will be familiar with that sensation), however riding my own 1300, with fitted sheepskin, I've never suffered the same experience.

Verdict.............. Highly recommended

Poppy                                                                  :wht13

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Streak on January 19, 2013, 07:37:54 AM ---I have a customs seat on the ST1100, and the sheep skin has completed the picture for me, stops any sliding, and Teela loves it for the added comfort

--- End quote ---

I'll echo what Streak's comment except that we have a goat skin and I have Heather who feels the same as Teela does in regards to the seat.

It's definite bonus on the longer rides we are prone to do from time to time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version