General Category > Active Polls

NEW POLL - Throttle Lock or Cruise Control?....

(1/12) > >>

Diesel:
Let's see what the popular method for maintaining speed is for these beautiful long distance beasts.

I reckon this poll will be close to a dead heat with riders preferring/affording all of the above methods.

Vote now.

Brock:
Would love a CC, but have to settle for wrist action

West Aussie Glen:
Would love a CC but will probably settle for a throttle lock, a had one on my old XS1100 and it did the job.

JuST Peter:

--- Quote from: Brock on December 07, 2011, 09:11:14 PM ---Would love a CC, but have to settle for wrist action

--- End quote ---
What he said  :beer
I'd even go for one of Murph's kits, 'cause the old wrist aint gettin' any younger

alans1100:
I have this one which I had to get from the USA.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/vista-cruise-cruise-control-honda-models-dual-cable-and-pre-1982-kawasaki-with-78-inch-bars/part/VC-07-4045

I had one many years ago on a sadly missed CX500 Turbo. My local Honda dealer back then (15 years ago) had them for sale but could find anything like that in Adelaide 5 years ago.

Being a throttle lock it does do what it's designed to do. I use it all the time and I would say that fuel consumption is better. You need to keep an eye on your speed as the throttle is locked (but you can still move the grip) at what ever speed you were doing at the time. But your speed varies depending on the gradients of the road.

It's not perfect but it's better than nothing especially when touring as you can have your right hand resting on the throttle most of the time. It's a simple matter to unlock it when you get to a town as well.

I do remove it when the bike goes in the shop just in case an inexperenced person has to test the bike on the road.

My preference is for a CC but I have never been able to afford the cost plus installation. I often wonder why Honda never had this as an option for the ST.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version