Honda ST1300 Section > Suspension ST1300

front suspension

(1/2) > >>

redrider:
Hi fellas . Just a quick question, I now have my forks pulled down ready for a good clean out. If the springs are out of the service limit would it be better to stick to Honda springs or is there something better out there for the ST1300? and would it pay to change seals even if originals are not leaking

alans1100:
I'd be more inclined to upgrade to a progressive spring if you need to replace the old ones and then upgrade the rear when that's due.

I'd do the fork seals while you've got it apart. It's one of those things that might be ok now but the moment you put it all back together you get a leaking seal once it's back together.

Diesel:
I Just got quoted around $300 for a new set of fork springs.
Are there any better (not necessarily cheaper) alternatives?
Does anyone know a good contact I can speak to about it?
Total quote was $550 for front fork reconditioning, steering head bearing replacement, and lubing all the front end cables.
The springs were on top of this. Price seemed fair and equitable.
Comments?

STroppy:
Here is an Australian company that does progressive fork springs and also rear shocks n springs. No prices but an email to them would provide that. I replaced my ST1100 fork springs with ones from Ikon and replaced the rear shock with a Fournales unit . . Pretty happy with result. But don't ride it like a pure sports bike.

It is a fairly easy job to do yourself if you have the time.

I seemed to have forgotten the link, here it is http://www.ikonsuspension.com/

alans1100:

--- Quote from: STroppy on May 10, 2016, 09:31:01 AM ---Here is an Australian company that does progressive fork springs and also rear shocks n springs. No prices but an email to them would provide that. I replaced my stick fork springs with ones from Ikon.

It is a fairly easy job to do yourself if you have the time.

--- End quote ---
This one comes to mind but that's just because it's an Adelaide one.

http://store.suspensionshop.org/honda/st-1300/2000-2009.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version