Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Cams, Cam Mounts, Editing Software...

Helmet mounted cameras illegal in Vic. Elsewhere too?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Marcus:
I'd imagine mounting it on top is safer then on the side, due to contact from the top of the helmet would be less likely.

Sabie:
Hmm I suppose, but then again Marcus it'll all depend how you come off to.

I think I'll leave mine attached to the bike.

bloodbikes:
No problems so far in WA, I wear my contour on the side of my helmet and the police dont seem to mind.

:wht11

Tackleberry:

--- Quote from: Streak on December 15, 2013, 09:01:12 AM ---I have spoken to 3 different members of the qld police about this one, they have all so said there is nothing to this, no law what so ever in qld

--- End quote ---
Streak 

You have been misinformed drastically.  There is a law in Queensland, and it comes from the Australian Standards of not letting anything rise greater than 50mm (??) from the helmet surface as an attachment.  This is why the whole country is experiencing this, because it is part of AS1698 (Helmet Specs). 

Don't know if the officers you spoke to were 'Real' Police (aka Road Policing Unit) that actually know about road rules or not, but it has been suggested that we should assess each case on individual basis as to whether there is justification. 

As Totgas said:

--- Quote from: Totgas on December 15, 2013, 08:55:47 AM ---These infringements always have two sides and I would want to hear the whole story before I would jump to any conclusions.

--- End quote ---

Streak:

--- Quote from: Tackleberry on April 13, 2014, 07:45:43 PM ---Streak 

You have been misinformed drastically.  There is a law in Queensland, and it comes from the Australian Standards of not letting anything rise greater than 50mm (??) from the helmet surface as an attachment.  This is why the whole country is experiencing this, because it is part of AS1698 (Helmet Specs). 

Don't know if the officers you spoke to were 'Real' Police (aka Road Policing Unit) that actually know about road rules or not, but it has been suggested that we should assess each case on individual basis as to whether there is justification. 

--- End quote ---

I spoke to local officers here about it, well I shall stand corrected  :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version