General Category > Active Polls

Member Mobile Numbers

(1/7) > >>

ST2UP:
We have had a number of recent issues that made it difficult to contact members with either some information of an urgent nature or a urgent request for assistance..... :||||

When members register to OzSTOC in the past we have never asked for a members mobile phone number and if this changes in the future it will be requested purely as an OPTION to provide your current mobile number and respected without question if you decide not to.  :thumb

We truly understand in this age the reluctance to pass on many forms of personal contact details, but allow me to provide some rationale for this request and how it could benefit you as a member and the club as a whole.

If you have registered for 2015 National Rally you may notice the request for a mobile No ??

- We have access to a computer program that will allow us to provide participants at National Rallies any up to date and relevant onsite information in the form of a group txt sent to those onsite or registered,( i.e the bus time table to the evening meal has changed) everyone gets the same information at the same time no Chinese whispers and spreading of mis-information, the same system will be advantageous on RTE to members known to be participating in the ride,(i.e the RTE Venue for today has closed overnight due to an incident and the venue has been moved)  :thumbsup

- Recently when the forum was hacked and needed to be closed down, we fielded dozens and dozens of Phone call, emails, smoke signals......Streak even had concerned members ringing his work because they couldn't get through to his mobile  :rofl .........a single group text to members could have put the fire out  :think1

- A recent RTE had a few members leave the lunch in search of another who confirmed their attendance the previous night but didn't arrive at the lunch location.....a phone call/SMS/voicemail could have saved some anxious trouble shooting......

The proposal is to have the mobile number of those members who are willing to provide their numbers accessed STRINGENTLY by the Moderators of the OzSTOC forum only.....as we take confidentially seriously as I believe we have proven time, and time again.

DONT Post your mobile number here.....this is a poll only to consult the membership

After consultation we will assess the feedback from the thread and poll and decide on a action plan for existing and future members to submit, naturally it will be a confidential process and used for Urgent matters and NOT for any other purpose.....you won't be getting calls from phone sales people  :nahnah

So the Poll is simple YES you would be prepared to supply for mobile number for use only as a means of Urgent information and communication matters, or NO you wouldn't for any reason you desire.

Cheers

Chris

StinkyPete:
I'm happy to provide my number, as long as it is not released publicly, as it's a silent number.

Nigel:
No issues either, they are all in the phone book so any one has access........................................................... :wht11

Pocket STocker:
Please add a comment if you can see a issue either for or against if its not mentioned above  :think1

Pockey  :grin

HunterTodd:
I don't see a problem with it other than mine is a work phone and I have been known to ignore it after hours.

As long as access is limited to emergencies and the numbers aren't sold to an Indian call centre or Russian Dating Site there shouldn't be any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version